ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Treaty Rights in Greece

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pepa

Treaty Rights in Greece

Post by pepa » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Any help greatly appreciated.

To cut a long story short I am a British Citizen my husband is Albanian. We are currently going through the process of re-applying for a Spouse visa for the UK but I'm concerned if we are refused again we will have to move back to Greece as we just cant live apart any longer.

We have previously lived in Greece but my husband was there first illegally and the second time only on a 3 months tourist visa (and we were not married at that time).

If were to go back to live in Greece again can anyone please advise me on how what steps we would need to take to ensure we were living there legally (I do not have a residence permit to live there at this time).

Also my husband is allowed into to Greece but only for 3 months.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:08 am

First thing is you: If you are working, then you are legally resident in any Eu member state.

And, as long as your are legally resident in any EU member state (other than the UK), then your husband can be there with you and work also.

What matters is what you (the EU citizen) are doing, and that you are married.