ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some Questions About The An Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newlife2009

Some Questions About The An Form

Post by newlife2009 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:30 pm

Hi all,

It's my time to apply for naturalisation as a Britsh citizen, but I have some questions which I hope someone can clarify pls.

section 1.3
Should i write my FLR-M (6 months) or spouse visa (2 years) or ILR date?

section 1.4 and 1.5
Which title/surname should i use? (I am married but my passport is under my maidan name)

section 3.5
Where can I get the information for the tax office address? (It only shows Wrexham 2 on P60)

Thanks

osteophytes

Re: Some Questions About The An Form

Post by osteophytes » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:16 am

newlife2009 wrote:Hi all,

It's my time to apply for naturalisation as a Britsh citizen, but I have some questions which I hope someone can clarify pls.

section 1.3
Should i write my FLR-M (6 months) or spouse visa (2 years) or ILR date?

section 1.4 and 1.5
Which title/surname should i use? (I am married but my passport is under my maidan name)

section 3.5
Where can I get the information for the tax office address? (It only shows Wrexham 2 on P60)

Thanks
1. It clearly says ILR date
2. Did you change your name officially? If not use the name on your current passport
3. Call your payroll department and they will tell you

friendinneed

Re: Some Questions About The An Form

Post by friendinneed » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:46 am

osteophytes wrote:
newlife2009 wrote:section 1.4 and 1.5
2. Did you change your name officially? If not use the name on your current passport
How do you "change your name officially"? Since marriage the wife has changed bank accounts etc to new surname using the marriage cert as proof but passport is in maiden name. As far as I was aware it is fairly discretionary and there is nothing on the marriage cert that I can see to say what the intent was on name changes.

We completed the form in her married name and stated in the other info box that the passport was in a different name as it is her maiden name and the passport hasnt been updated.

The NCS saw it and said it was fine.