ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after the initial 2 year spouse Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SHAFFI

ILR after the initial 2 year spouse Visa

Post by SHAFFI » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:52 pm

Hi guys, my wife has been here in the uk now for 5 months, i know its a bit premature, but am starting to get a bit nervous already about the ILR application process.

I have already downloaded the SET(M) form, and looked at the "documentary Evidence" . I have to honestly say that at this satge i have no proof whatsoever that we live together, as everything is solely in my name... on the bills, i have not opened a bank account in my wifes name, mortgage is in my name etc....

Can you please advise on what do i need to do?

kind regards

chocolatelover
Newly Registered

Post by chocolatelover » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:04 pm

I am no expert but maybe you could open a joint account??? Many married people do that

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:11 pm

SHAFFI, just look at the list of possibilities! And start planning!
John

SHAFFI

Post by SHAFFI » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:43 am

....another quickie! whats the police registration all about, who does this apply to?

ta

SHAFFI

Post by SHAFFI » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:43 am

....another quickie! whats the police registration all about, who does this apply to?

ta

Jamadar
Newly Registered

Post by Jamadar » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:29 pm

Hi Shaffi

Im in the same situation!!! My husbands just come from India its been 9 months and im already stressing. To help though you can open a joint account and start chnaging mobile bills and gas bills on both your name. I dnt knw wat a police registration is but would like to know.

I need a list of all the things i need lol. If you put one togeather could you let me knw.

jjustyy
Ireland

Post by jjustyy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:30 pm

We were also in the same position as everything was in my name.

As soon as my wife received her FLR(M), I contacted all the companies we had bills with to have both our names put on them. If they wouldn't allow that, we made sure the bills were balanced between us. Also, even though we had our own accounts, we opened a joint account and we pay our food bills from there.

It just takes a bit of effort and forward planning to avoid potential problems later. As John is always saying, start planning for SET(M) as soon as, or even before, you are married. :)

SHAFFI

Post by SHAFFI » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:10 pm

thanks guys, am on the case now!!!