ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1(general ) dependent query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RaviSS
Newly Registered

Post by RaviSS » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:50 am

Hi Guru's
I have a Tier 1 general(main) visa which is valid till April 20th 2012 and I am in UK currently, I can not extend the visa as I don't meet the required points criteria and I am planning switch to Tier 1 dependent of my wife.

my wife is on Tier 1 general (main) visa which is due for extention on March 15th 2012 and she has no problem in extendeding it as she meets the required points criteria and she is planning to get this extended by premium appointment on Feb 20th 2012.

my child is having my wife's dependent visa valid till March 15th 2012, but our child is currently in india and will there till april 2012.

My questions to experts are
1. Do I need to apply from india for my status change (tier1 general (main) to Tier 1 (general) dependent or can this be applied along with my wife's extension application?

2. If I need to apply from india can I do that before my original Visa expires as soon as my wife visa get her extension?

3. Can we apply our child's dependent visa from india as soon as my wifes visa get extended a month before my child's original visa expires?

Can any of the Guru's in the forum please answer my above queries.

Thanks in Advance

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:37 am

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No, has to be done in-country

RaviSS
Newly Registered

Post by RaviSS » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:44 pm

mulderpf wrote:1. Yes
2. Yes
Does the answers above mean

1. I can apply for status change in country along with my wife's tier 1 extension application.

2 if I decide to go back to india and apply for status change can I do that before my original visa expires?

3. My child was here as my wifes dependent and went back to india 1 month ago my child visa is going to expire along with my wife visa , to apply for child's dependent visa do my child has to be here in UK even though not applying along with my wife's application? is it not possible to do this in india before my childs orinal visa expires?

can you please clarify this?

Thanks in advance

RaviSS
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1(general ) dependent query

Post by RaviSS » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:59 am

RaviSS wrote:
mulderpf wrote:1. Yes
2. Yes
Does the answers above mean

1. I can apply for status change in country along with my wife's tier 1 extension application.

2 if I decide to go back to india and apply for status change can I do that before my original visa expires?

3. My child was here as my wifes dependent and went back to india 1 month ago my child visa is going to expire along with my wife visa , to apply for child's dependent visa do my child has to be here in UK even though not applying along with my wife's application? is it not possible to do this in india before my childs orinal visa expires?

can you please clarify this?

Thanks in advance
Hi mulderpf I got answer for the first 2 qstns from the forum can you please answer the 3rd question