ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick service (British Citizenship application)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

luka
Newly Registered

Quick service (British Citizenship application)

Post by luka » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:45 pm

I would like to thank members/moderators for the advice they give on this forum. I, as a result of getting advice from this forum, have been granted British Citizenship and what a quick response I had after submitting my application. This is the sequence of events.

After about 4 yrs with ILR I submitted my application on the 17/12/04, with passports(covering the last 5 years), English requirements i.e. photocoy of degree certificate, payment of British pounds 218, and the form.
Three weeks later I received my passports back.
and on the 14/02/2005 I received a letter confirming my successful application as a British Citizen. I will soon be getting a letter inviting me to attend the Citizenship ceremony.

All I can say is keep hopes alive.

Thank you all
Kind regards.

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Quick service (British Citizenship application)

Post by Chess » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:40 pm

luka wrote:I would like to thank members/moderators for the advice they give on this forum. I, as a result of getting advice from this forum, have been granted British Citizenship and what a quick response I had after submitting my application. This is the sequence of events.
Congratulations on your naturalisation - good luck with the ceremony.

Now... what is the next mission?..set new goals :lol:
Where there is a will there is a way.

hs159
Newly Registered

Re: Quick service (British Citizenship application)

Post by hs159 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:35 pm

Hi Luka,

Congratulations !!! and it is quite encouraging to see how quickly you've got the approval. Just a query regarding the degree certificate as I am applying for naturalization in couple of months. I've got a Masters degree from well reputed British university. Will it be sufficient for me to send the attested copy of degree certificate along with my application to prove my english skills or do I still need to take the language test?

I'll appreciate your reply,

Cheers!
hs159.

luka
Newly Registered

Post by luka » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:12 pm

Hi hs159

I can only advise you as to what I did/submitted. I would imagine the new rules i.e. test etc have not yet been implimented. So I would say a photocopy of your Masters degree certificate would do in this case. I sent a photocopy of my undergraduate degree that was achieved 8 yrs ago.

I hope this is helpful

Good luck

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:26 pm

Luka, congratulations on hearing so quickly. Technically you are not yet British ... that will happen when your Certificate of Naturalisation is handed to you at your Citizenship Ceremony. Hopefully you will not have to wait too long for that.

If you are not yet on the UK Electoral Register (Commonwealth citizen?), once you have your Certificate of Naturalisation, don't forget to register as an elector. You never know, you might just squeeze in and get a vote in the general election if it happens on 5th May.
John

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:51 am

I am a Indian on WP (so Commonwealth citizen).

I registered for Electoral at my nearest council. Its been 2 month and they still day I wont be registered until December 2006.

How much time does it take to get registered
Do I get some card for it
Do I have to inform my bank or someone to ensure it improves credit scoring

Thanks
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

Christophe
Diamond Member

Registering on the electoral roll

Post by Christophe » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:09 pm

first2last4 wrote:I am a Indian on WP (so Commonwealth citizen).

I registered for Electoral at my nearest council. Its been 2 month and they still day I wont be registered until December 2006.

How much time does it take to get registered
Do I get some card for it
Do I have to inform my bank or someone to ensure it improves credit scoring

Thanks
It can take some time to get registered on the electoral roll. It doesn't matter, in that there's unlikely to be an election between now (October) and December.

You don't get a card as such. Your name will be on the electoral roll, which can be inspected, e.g., at the local library. When an election is due, you will receive a voting card in the post. This confirms to you your right to vote, and it expedites matters if you take it with you to the polling booth on election day, but it is not essential to do that.

There's no need to notify your bank. Being on the elctoral roll won't improve your credit rating as such. It might be able to be used as an additional form of ID if, e.g., you wanted to open a new bank account or whatever. But you would deal with that at the time, not in advance.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:08 pm

Thanks for your reply Chris.

Appreciate that.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:36 pm

first2last4 wrote:Thanks for your reply Chris.

Appreciate that.
OK. Happy voting!