ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - SPOUSE - HUSBAND AND WAGES SLIP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jamadar
Newly Registered

ILR - SPOUSE - HUSBAND AND WAGES SLIP

Post by Jamadar » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:12 pm

Hi

My husband arrived in February with a spouse visa. He started work straight away in my dads business just basically helping out and getting cash in hand. However i was informed that i will need to present his wages slip of 2 years when I go and apply for ILR. When I found out i arranged for him to get an interview for national insurance which is on monday and will meet with my dads accountant to see if he can start gettin wages slips from this month.

Wil this cause a problem as it has been 8 months that it will seem he has been without work. Also I have told the NI people he has only been working for a month otherwise they will probably question me why i hadnt applied for one before.

I am a littole stressed out please help!!!

Thanks

mooncalf
Newly Registered

Post by mooncalf » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:18 pm

when you go back after 2 years they are more concerned with you proving you were in the same address as in a piece of evidence in your or his name or in joint names for each month or every other month from FLR. You only need to show that you have earnings for 6 months and that could be your earning anyway so long as you DO NOT have any recourse to public funds you should be fine...my wife didn't get a job for about the same length of time after her FLR but getting the NI number was the harder!

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:09 pm

Jamadar, I think you were misinformed. If your husband applies for ILR after two years on a spouse visa he won't have to produce all that. The form only asks about his work and financial situation at the time of the application.