ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1-Gen dependent visa rejected due to funds maintenance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rama5448
Newly Registered

Tier1-Gen dependent visa rejected due to funds maintenance

Post by rama5448 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:37 pm

Dear friends

I have recently applied for my wife's dependent visa (category - Tier1 General dependent). My wife's visa has been refused due to the reason that 1600 GBP wasn't maintained continuously for 3 month period. But I lived in UK for more than one year and always had more than 1500 GBP in my account for last 3 months.

If a tier1 migrant has lived for more than one year, the funds to be shown for dependent visa is only 533 GBP, could you please confirm/clarify?

Also next time when I apply do I need to show any proof to visa officer, that I lived in UK for more than one year?

When I submitted last time, I have provided only my new visa which is the biometric card copy and haven't provided my old visa copy on passport.

Please give your advice in this matter.

Thanks
Rama

dutta.pallavi1
Newly Registered

Post by dutta.pallavi1 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:24 pm

When did u get ur Tier 1 visa? When did u apply for visa and from which centre

rama5448
Newly Registered

Post by rama5448 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:26 pm

dutta.pallavi1 wrote:When did u get ur Tier 1 visa? When did u apply for visa and from which centre
I got my tier1 issued on Dec 2008 and extension granted on Sept 2011 (new visa valid till Dec 2013). I entered UK Oct 2010 and applied for my wife's visa in Dec 2011.

dutta.pallavi1
Newly Registered

Post by dutta.pallavi1 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:28 pm

It's very strange that your visa application got rejected. When and from where did u apply your visa? When did you get the decision. Have you been given appeal form?

rama5448
Newly Registered

Post by rama5448 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:50 pm

dutta.pallavi1 wrote:It's very strange that your visa application got rejected. When and from where did u apply your visa? When did you get the decision. Have you been given appeal form?
I applied in Hyderabad on 20th Dec 2011 and have received result/decision on on 5th Jan 2012. I am struggling to understand the same as it is an invalid reject. I was given appeal form IAFT-2 and instructed to file an appeal if needed with in 28 days of receival of documents.

I have provided my extended visa copy and first and last pages as proof of my passport & visa, I haven't provided my old or original visa copy, probably they have overlooked my details and rejected. But still it is frustrating that they haven't looked at my details properly and have rejected blindly.

dutta.pallavi1
Newly Registered

Post by dutta.pallavi1 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:17 am

Hi,

I know how frustrating it can be, I am really very sorry about the reject. I will suggest you get in touch with some agent like Named OISC advisors. They are based out of delhi and they will do everything. Might just chrge 20k extra. Atleast you will be sure that ur case will not be rejected next time....

I had applied for mine from Kolkata on 21st December and till now the status is showing - '' has beeen forwarded to the BHC'' . It's status is only not changing :(

holla007

Post by holla007 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi Rama,
reading through your notes, its so sad that your wife visa got rejected but since you ve been physically present in uk for more than 12 months, all you need to keep in account as the main applicant is £533, but since your wife is still outside the uk, can i ask how much fund you maintained for her for those 3 months because its important you know that otherwise you might be faced with another challenge in another application.

cheers
holla

rama5448
Newly Registered

Post by rama5448 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:40 pm

holla007 wrote:Hi Rama,
reading through your notes, its so sad that your wife visa got rejected but since you ve been physically present in uk for more than 12 months, all you need to keep in account as the main applicant is £533, but since your wife is still outside the uk, can i ask how much fund you maintained for her for those 3 months because its important you know that otherwise you might be faced with another challenge in another application.

cheers
holla
hi

my account balance for the last 3 months has always been more than 1500 GBP, and I have submitted the same statements for my wife's application as proof of funds maintenance

i think I only need to show funds for my wife and the same as I am not applying for extension along with her

bobbyplus
Newly Registered

Post by bobbyplus » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:42 am

dutta.pallavi1 wrote:Hi,

I know how frustrating it can be, I am really very sorry about the reject. I will suggest you get in touch with some agent like Named OISC advisors. They are based out of delhi and they will do everything. Might just chrge 20k extra. Atleast you will be sure that ur case will not be rejected next time....

I had applied for mine from Kolkata on 21st December and till now the status is showing - '' has beeen forwarded to the BHC'' . It's status is only not changing :(
Hi Dutta... do you know any OISC advisor form Mumbai? I want to apply for my wife by end of this month...