ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Maintenance Funds & Dependant Queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saadullah317
Newly Registered

ILR - Maintenance Funds & Dependant Queries

Post by saadullah317 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi there,

I'm currently on a 5 year work permit visa expiring in March 2012. I'm planning to apply for my ILR in first week of March. My wife got dependant visa from India in August 2010 and she joined me on 25th August 2010. I'm wondering whether shall I include her in my SET(o) or do I have to apply her seperately in FLR(O).

Recently we were blessed with a beautiful daughter who is now 3 months old. I would appreciate if you could please advise me on which form shall I include dependants for and also how much sufficients funds I need to show in my bank account?

Please advise on above. An early response in this matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Regards
SH

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:13 am

Please be clear. Do you have a work permit (closed category) or leave as a Tier 2 migrant?

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:30 am

Greenie wrote:Please be clear. Do you have a work permit (closed category) or leave as a Tier 2 migrant?
I am in the same category.. For Closed category WP dependants, it is not required to complete 2 years before being eligible for ILR. Your wife is eligible to apply with you bieng your WP dependant.

I am not sure about the child. I hope you get your answer right and soon.

Good Luck

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:32 am

lahore2664 wrote:
Greenie wrote:Please be clear. Do you have a work permit (closed category) or leave as a Tier 2 migrant?
I am in the same category.. For Closed category WP dependants, it is not required to complete 2 years before being eligible for ILR. Your wife is eligible to apply with you bieng your WP dependant.

Good Luck
you don't know whether he is in the same category, until he answers the question. Posters use HSMP/Tier 1 and Tier 2/work permit interchangably, the OP needs to clarify his actual immigration status before advice can be given.

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:45 am

Greenie wrote:
lahore2664 wrote:

Good Luck
you don't know whether he is in the same category, until he answers the question. Posters use HSMP/Tier 1 and Tier 2/work permit interchangably, the OP needs to clarify his actual immigration status before advice can be given.
I think it is quite clear that he is on 5 years WP and 5 years is only closed category.. Tier 1/ 2 or any other tier does not give you five year visa. I may be wrong.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:18 pm

lahore2664 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
lahore2664 wrote:

Good Luck
I think it is quite clear that he is on 5 years WP and 5 years is only closed category.. Tier 1/ 2 or any other tier does not give you five year visa. I may be wrong.
he didn't say he was in a closed category. You may be correct but I have anwered a number of posts in the last few days when the poster has referred to WP and meant tier 2 and vice versa.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:26 pm

lahore2664 wrote:

Good Luck
Do you have the reference link to where its mentioned that closed category work permit doesn't need the dependant to complete 2 years ? I would like to know more about this ? Also is this the only category that doesnot insist on dependants to complete 2 years ?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:33 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:
lahore2664 wrote:

Good Luck
Do you have the reference link to where its mentioned that closed category work permit doesn't need the dependant to complete 2 years ? I would like to know more about this ? Also is this the only category that doesnot insist on dependants to complete 2 years ?
196D

saadullah317
Newly Registered

Post by saadullah317 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Thanks all for your comments.

Yes I'm on a closed category work permit scheme. Can I take this oppurtunity to asked about the maintenance funds required to apply for ILR using this route?

I've been told to maintain sufficient funds in the account but did not have an exact figure?

Also can I include my daughter as a second dependant in my application?

Please advise on above.

Many thanks.

SH
Greenie wrote:
sunil.suneel wrote:
lahore2664 wrote:

Good Luck
196D