ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa Query Jan 2012

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bobbyplus
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa Query Jan 2012

Post by bobbyplus » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:20 am

Hi...

I would like to know some information and guidance about dependent visa.

I m on Tier1 visa expiry on Sep.2012 ( completing 2+3 years)

I want to bring my spouce on dependent visa, she applied Nov.2011 for visit visa and rejected for Visit visa, Now further I want to apply for her dependent visa by end of jan 2012.

1)would her Visit visa rejection ll impact on her dependent visa application?

2)[/b] My wife is Graduate's from Mumbai university and she had letter form her University stating that her Degree eduction was taught in English Medium, still need to meet her IELTS or University originals and letter ll wave off her IELTS requirements?

3)[/b] I m in this country for last 8 years...
How much maintained fund do I need to show? as per Guidance its £533 for last 90 days ( 3 months) and plus £800 for myself at the time of application? It mean £533 for last 3 months and 533+800= 1333 at the time of Application and not 1333 for last 3 months? confused...

4) I worked part time till 6/01/2012 so I do have payslips for this employment and I m self employed too. My bank account had payment In entries for my self employed income from Oct.2011 to till date... every month nearly 2 entries

In this case at the time of dependent visa application what document should i produce as my Income source?

For self employment I don't have my tax return as I ll do this by 31 march 2012

5) Tenancy agreement: I m staying in PG now and planing to take one bed or studio flat once my spouse arrived, In this case what document do I need to show for provisional accommodation for my spouse?

6) For how many months of Bank statements do I need to show? and how much balance/ amount in my bank account would consider as sound bank balance?

I would be highly appreciated any expert advice and guidance...

regds..

Bobby

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:00 am

1)would her Visit visa rejection ll impact on her dependent visa application?

You might need to mention about this in the visa application and attach the refusal letter as well.

2)[/b] My wife is Graduate's from Mumbai university and she had letter form her University stating that her Degree eduction was taught in English Medium, still need to meet her IELTS or University originals and letter ll wave off her IELTS requirement

Degree and IELTS are not required for Dependant visa

)[/b] I m in this country for last 8 years...
How much maintained fund do I need to show? as per Guidance its £533 for last 90 days ( 3 months) and plus £800 for myself at the time of application? It mean £533 for last 3 months and 533+800= 1333 at the time of Application and not 1333 for last 3 months? confused...

If u are in Tier1 for more than 12 months, then £533 for the last 3 months is enough

4) I worked part time till 6/01/2012 so I do have payslips for this employment and I m self employed too. My bank account had payment In entries for my self employed income from Oct.2011 to till date... every month nearly 2 entries

Once again, this is not mandatory. Add it if you want to

5) Tenancy agreement: I m staying in PG now and planing to take one bed or studio flat once my spouse arrived, In this case what document do I need to show for provisional accommodation for my spouse?

Tenancy Agreement not mandatory

6) For how many months of Bank statements do I need to show? and how much balance/ amount in my bank account would consider as sound bank balance?

3 months bank statements with funds > £533

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:23 am

In addition to the response given by canon123, you may be interested in reading from this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... en-dep.pdf
This will help you prepare for your wife's application. I think you just need to pay attention to the mandatory requirements, and I believe these are:

*Copy of your passport/Tier 1 (General) status
*Proof of relationship (marriage certificate etc)
*Bank statements with correct maintenance amount
*Wife's current (and previous passports is applicable)

Hope this helps.

bobbyplus
Newly Registered

Post by bobbyplus » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:32 am

canon123 wrote:1)would her Visit visa rejection ll impact on her dependent visa application?

You might need to mention about this in the visa application and attach the refusal letter as well.

2)[/b] My wife is Graduate's from Mumbai university and she had letter form her University stating that her Degree eduction was taught in English Medium, still need to meet her IELTS or University originals and letter ll wave off her IELTS requirement

Degree and IELTS are not required for Dependant visa

)[/b] I m in this country for last 8 years...

If u are in Tier1 for more than 12 months, then £533 for the last 3 months is enough

Once again, this is not mandatory. Add it if you want to

Tenancy Agreement not mandatory

3 months bank statements with funds > £533
Thanks canon for your prompt reply... and advice.

bobbyplus
Newly Registered

Post by bobbyplus » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:33 am

ScopeD wrote:In addition to the response given by canon123, you may be interested in reading from this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... en-dep.pdf
This will help you prepare for your wife's application. I think you just need to pay attention to the mandatory requirements, and I believe these are:

*Copy of your passport/Tier 1 (General) status
*Proof of relationship (marriage certificate etc)
*Bank statements with correct maintenance amount
*Wife's current (and previous passports is applicable)

Hope this helps.
Thanks ScopeD for your prompt reply... and advice.