ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I really need help! Please!

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

6h0zt
Newly Registered

I really need help! Please!

Post by 6h0zt » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:01 am

Ok, so heres the story.

I'm currently a US Citizen born and raised.

My Girlfriend for over a year now is a Canadian Citizen, she lives in Edmonton.

I want to go to Canada and start my life there and be with her. I love Canada and my gf, very much. We're even planning on getting married in the future.

I was going to go there as a visitor for 6 months and live in an apartment with one of her friends, and during this 6 months I was going to try and look for a job and have the employer sign for work permit for me to work there. I was going to work there for a year then sign for duel citizenship so I could stay there permently.

Now, my gf has called immigration and asked if we could do this, and immigration said it was fine. But, we've been looking on sites for immigration and all the stuff people do seems so hard and stressful to live in canada compared to mine how easy my idea sounds. I'm wondering if this is wrong?

Please I need an expert's help. I don't want to be at the border and then get deported. Also what should I tell the border people when I arrive there?

rahimbadsha
Newly Registered

Post by rahimbadsha » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:37 pm

You can either get a job in Canada and come here to work which is a temporary solution.

If you want to move here permanently, than looks like you are thinking to immigrate to Canada. To do so, you need to fall under any one of these category:

1. Skilled Worker Class Immigration
2. Business Class Immigration
3. Family Class Immigration
4. International Adoption
5. Provincial Nomination
6. Quebec-Selected Immigration

There has been lot of confusion with dual citizenship with U.S and Canada. If a U.S. citizen wishes to pursue a dual citizenship, then he/she might put the US citizenship in jeopardy. For more info on this, visit

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship ... p_778.html

6h0zt
Newly Registered

Post by 6h0zt » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:27 pm

Isn't it true that I can work there temporarly for a year, than after a year of working there I can apply for permenant residence?