ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Acknowledgement waiting Time

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunnymohsin

Acknowledgement waiting Time

Post by sunnymohsin » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:51 pm

HI!everyone.
If someone can help me, I have applied for the citizenship in November. I posted my application on the 8th of November and I have confirmed delivery report the next day, 9th 0f November. And as everyone knows there were new rules implied on the 10th of November. Last month I have sent INIS a letter inquiring if they have recieved my letter, sadly upto now I haven't heard or recieved any response from them. Is there anybody out there who has the same situation that I'm in or anyone who knows the length of time to wait for an acknowledgement letter from INIS? thanks!

Sunny

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:09 pm

did you apply through solicitors.it will take up to 8 weeks for refrence letter.

sunnymohsin

Post by sunnymohsin » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:11 pm

HI! no i just send them with the reg post and after the one month of waiting i send them a letter asking for thr refrence no but again i didnt get any reply anyway i am spuse of an irish citizen i been living in ireland past 12 years my wife and kids are irish citizens and i have a stamp 5 visa i know i am bit late to apply for citizenship but does it make any diffrence
thanks

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:27 pm

I got mine after 7 weeks.Dont forget there were christmas and new year holidays..so, i would say by the end of this month you will get it. Be patient. As long as you can track it arrived you should be ok.

sunnymohsin

Post by sunnymohsin » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:12 pm

thanks so much ok i know now other thing the six month also apply to us i mean we will also know in six month that we are givin citizenship or not?

thanks

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:22 pm

sunnymohsin wrote:thanks so much ok i know now other thing the six month also apply to us i mean we will also know in six month that we are givin citizenship or not?

thanks
i very much doubt that

Mentalist101

Post by Mentalist101 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:57 pm

That's Odd, I Posted my application on the 20th of December with the fee for 175 euro.

I got a reply on the 23rd from the Citizenship office with my reference number :D. But since it was Christmas time, I was informed that my documents had not been checked yet but they simply acknowledged that I had sent in my payment and application.

My application is based on 5 years legal residency in the state!

Hope you get a reply soon.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:42 am

did you get the refrence number ?

sunnymohsin

Post by sunnymohsin » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:04 am

HI! as you can see some got bit early and some in 7 weeks i think just its all up to them .but lets pray for all .thanks gys

Mentalist101

Post by Mentalist101 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:40 pm

Yes I got my reference number! I was surprised on how quick they were

sunnymohsin

Post by sunnymohsin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:52 am

HI!its 8 weeks today i am been waiting for my refrence no as i applyed in november i post it on 8th of november thay got it on 9th of november and the on 10th thay start a new fee 175e can anyone help me here what to do in this case i write them a letter last month for my refrence no i didnt got any repply again and i send them dillivery report as well showing the post was dillverd on 9th of november... if someone can guide me what to do in this case will be great

god bless evryone.

regards

deepak nepal
Newly Registered

Post by deepak nepal » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:35 pm

Hi mine I have applied on 2nd of November but haven't got any response till today.

sunnymohsin

Post by sunnymohsin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:54 pm

Thanks for reply that mean i am not alone in this boat i hope you and all of us get a good news very soon good luck all

regards

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:33 pm

there is delay getting the acknowledment letter from citizenship divsion.it can take up to 1-12 weeks recently time because minister have backload priorty to finalized all the decision.there is huge backload in previous admistrations so they are very busy to clearing the backload.

sunnymohsin

Post by sunnymohsin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Thanks ok i can understand that but i dont realy understand that someone can get ther refnce in 2 days but some of us we have to wait around 12 weeks just to know if thay got our dacuments...... thank you so much gyes hope for the best

regards

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:01 pm

i think that the last person got acknowledgement just because the money was involved. They have to acknowledge the receipt of the money first, and then they will check the application to determine if the applicant qualifies or not.
With the persons, who submitted applications prior to the fee, their applications will be acknowledged after the initial processing is done.
since the minister is trying to clear the backlogs at the final stages of processing, he is creating the backlogs at the begining.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:13 pm

minister have huge backload to clear.citizenship dept will have to clear it before summer.otherwise opposite govt party will be very hard to minister to taking the u turn.so far they done the wonderfull job last year and this year.i hoping everysingle indivisal will get the decision before summer any way it will be good for minister and finegael party and ireland.1000 euro per person if they clear 20000 applicant till summer its alot of money for ecomony around 20000000 approx euro within six months and than all these 20000 votes to fine gael party.i hope they keep their promise.

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:49 pm

sunnymohsin wrote:HI!its 8 weeks today i am been waiting for my refrence no as i applyed in november i post it on 8th of november thay got it on 9th of november and the on 10th thay start a new fee 175e can anyone help me here what to do in this case i write them a letter last month for my refrence no i didnt got any repply again and i send them dillivery report as well showing the post was dillverd on 9th of november... if someone can guide me what to do in this case will be great

god bless evryone.

regards
I think that the department is likely to give priority to those who paid ahead of those who "rushed" in their application before the closure and start of a new regime on 10th!

Potentially, because it is so close to the cut off date, someone may cynically send back your full application and ask you to apply on the new form! That way, they earn 175 Euro from you!

sunnymohsin

Post by sunnymohsin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:05 pm

HI! i Think that is very unfair if thay do this to pepole law is law if you applyed before the 1o of november taht should be no problem coz you send them before the that date myself and many other pepole are still waiting for the refrence no but we dont have any yet anyway all we can do is wait

deepak nepal
Newly Registered

Post by deepak nepal » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:39 am

Wait wait and wait . Everyday wait for the postman and for a brown envelop!! just wait that's all we can do. Although you contact citizenship dept they won't response.

sunnymohsin

Post by sunnymohsin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:27 am

HI! may i know when did you apply i send them on 8th of nov and thay had it on 9th of nov i am waiting too

regards

deepak nepal
Newly Registered

Post by deepak nepal » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:10 pm

Received a letter from citizenship dept today after 12 weeks, but the letter mentioned about just acknowledgement receipt of your application for naturalisation along with supporting documents.
but i mentioned in important notice that the application has not been examined in detail and unable to confirm if it is valid application or not until a detailed examination takes place.

It just said initial processing so will the dept will send us another letter ? I don't know it hasn't mentioned anything yet.

sunnymohsin

Post by sunnymohsin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:44 am

i am very sorry and sad to here that i dont realy know about others but i am going to live this place i been married to irish cictizen past 12 years i naver want to have this passport since my kids are big and thay are having problem coz of me i thought ok i will aplly and see but what i can see is realy strange wife is irish two kids are irish citizens and i still didnt even got a refrence no what is this i am not hoping anything for myself but i hope and pray for all of you that you get your passports as soon as posible so you can go on with your plans good luck all

regards

sunny

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:39 pm

its really frustating waiting for citizenship application process.inis should make website where everybody should track theirs application.i know inis dont want to spend any penny in this recession.they can charge 10 euro to check the application status. atleast applicant check their application process.rather than holding the phone for 40-60 minutes in queue.even that not 100 percent they will get through with them.

sunnymohsin

Post by sunnymohsin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:10 pm

yes you rite but all we can do wait thats all