ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help--- Spouse in Jamaica

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shan24
Newly Registered

Need Help--- Spouse in Jamaica

Post by Shan24 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Hello, need some advice badly. I am British citizen living in UK with 6mth old daughter. My husband and his 7 yr old son from a previous relationship lives in Jamaica. We have lived together in Jamaica for 4 years and this is the longest we have been apart. My husband is yet to meet his daughter and only has seen pics of her. we communicate alot on skype also and i think the baby is beginning to believe that the computer is her dad :( I have been trying to find wrk and am fully qualified as i have a bachelors degree however this is a bit difficult as I am a single parent right now. I was offered a job which i had to turn down as it required me doing night shifts which I am unable to do bcuz of the baby. I recently applied for a part time job which would not be paying enough to get me off housing benefit completely. Once my husband is here though I would be able to work much more and he would also try to get a job so I would not need to claim housing benefit. What I need to know is if i could still sponsor him to come even though i am on benefits and do not have any savings. Also would he be able to take his son with him as he has sole responsibility for him. Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated.