ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance requirement for spouse visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BondFamily

Maintenance requirement for spouse visa application

Post by BondFamily » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:04 pm

Me and my wife live outside of Ukraine but I am a British citizen.

We plan to get a spouse visa for my wife but we are stuck on the maintenance requirements which state

"To meet the maintenance requirement evidence must be provided that demonstrates:

Sufficient independent means,
Employment for one or both of the parties,
Sufficient prospects of employment for one or both parties."

My plan is to make a deal with a franchisor so I will be operating my own franchise. But will this be enough to satisfy the quoted points above?

I can probably get statistics from the franchisor that shows what type of income I can expect to get when it is up and running but I am worried that the visa application will not look strong here because it is not a job contract.

Will a contract agreement with a franchisor be enough to meet the maintenance requirements? (assuming that we have sufficient money for my wife to support her self for 27 months and enough money to buy into a franchise as well)

Thanks!

nadiii

Post by nadiii » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:34 pm

OK you wish to sign a contract with a franchise owner to run his franchise, when you have enough funds you wil purchase this franchise?

It seems like your employed by the franchise owner. I think if the contract is more like an employment agreement you will have more chance. Since that is in fact what it is? You will run the business as a manager until you have saved enough to purchase it.
Thank you immigrationboards.com

BondFamily

Post by BondFamily » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:04 am

I think it is slightly different to how you described it.

Here's an example of my situation.

A franchisor (Joe Bloggs) is offering opportunities for someone to start a franchise using their name and business model. The cost to start the franchise is 20,000 GBP. We have a meeting, agree to terms, I pay the money and sign a 5 year contract to run a Joe Bloggs shop. Is this a good representation of "Sufficient independent means" "Employment for one or both of the parties" and "Sufficient prospects of employment for one or both parties"

Now I'm pretty confident that it shows employment for one or both (we plan to run the franchise together) but is it going to prove Sufficient independent means?

Is this a weak way for meeting the maintenance requirements?