ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing benft help for Discretionary Leave to remain holder!

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Faithful
Newly Registered

Housing benft help for Discretionary Leave to remain holder!

Post by Faithful » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:10 am

Hi, please help. I have an indefinite leave and i am just going to apply for my Brit.passport next week. I live with my partner who has only got 3 years leave to remain on Discretionary grounds. we have 2 kids with british passports and 1 of them classed disable. I was on housing benefits due to my caring roles. I decided to go back to Uni so as to be useful in the future so I took out a student loan. The SLC has only paid the first part. I then got a letter from the HB saying they have stopped my benefits since I am now considered a full time student but was advised that my partner should apply on behalf of both of us instead. Anyways, we did but we just received a letter now saying he is subject to immigration and therefore should supply his papers again…What should we do? he hasn't got a job and has applied to tons of places without success. we can't afford the rent that has been stopped either..What else can we supply to the council? please help!!