ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 to ILR ( stayed out of UK more than 180 Days)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bobbyplus
Newly Registered

Tier 1 to ILR ( stayed out of UK more than 180 Days)

Post by bobbyplus » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:32 am

Hi Experts:

I had query about my upcoming ILR:

1) HSMP stamped on passport Aug 2007 for 2 years visa and Extended visa sep 2009 for next 3 years ( Till Sep.2012)

2) Went India in Feb 2008 to Jun 2008 ( 115 days, was not aware of 90 days immigration rule)

3) further went India and other country as visit many times and when I counted all days I m out of UK since Aug 2007 till date is 370 days, where I m suppose to be 180 days in 5 years of time.

Now in sep 2012 my 2+3 years visa get expiry and I may needed to apply for ILR but in my case above (point 2 and 3) are hurdle, how to deal with this?

would I get ILR or again further leave to remain until I complete 5 years of time?

please give me expert advice and opinion...

Looking forward you..

Regds

Bobby

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:44 am

There is not way you can apply for an ILR with that many leaves. Apply for an extension again. Yes you can apply for an extension again after you complete 3 + 2 yrs

Keep extending until your last 5 yrs include less than 180 days of holidays and no continuous leave period of 90 days.

If you do this you would be eligible for ILR, but for now you'd have to extend your HSMP/Tier 1 visa rather than applying for ILR.