ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinte Leave to remain SET(M) - photo of couple question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mehi
Newly Registered

Indefinte Leave to remain SET(M) - photo of couple question

Post by mehi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:50 am

Hi

I'm applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain as a spouse of a UK citizen very soon (tomorrow).

I just want to know if I should be submitting photos of my husband and I together as part of evidence of our relationship?

Or is it fine to just have 6 letters and marriage certificate?

doubletrouble

Post by doubletrouble » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:54 am

silly question!

what do you think?

mehi
Newly Registered

Post by mehi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:05 pm

It is not a silly question at all considering that it's costing me £1350, not to mention the 6 hour round trip to drive to Solihull and the time off work.

I want to make sure about everything and it seems this is the place to make sure of things, don't you think? I know on UKBA website there are no requirements for photographs of the married couple, yet a lot of people seem to submit these as well as a lot more than is what is "required" by UKBA. So I was asking if anyone had any personal experience of this - ie, did they get ILR with or without any photos as evidence?

I was asking for constructive advice, not someone telling me I'm being silly. Have a little consideration for the worries of others next time.

Krishna555

Post by Krishna555 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Marriage photos are not required but if you in doubt then you can take along with you and submit only if they asked

luke79

Post by luke79 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:27 pm

The only photos we submitted for set m ILR were the passport size ones as per requirement, ILR granted, you needn't worry.

I would take more than 6 letters if I was you , we submitted well more than 6.

ssj
Newly Registered

Post by ssj » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:53 pm

ha ha may be the marriage video as well

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:44 pm

ssj and doubletrouble....if you don't have anything useful to contribute it's better not to post.

mehi
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by mehi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:11 pm

Thanks for the response!

I don't think I'm going to bother with photos of my husband and I together - got more than enough letters covering the two years and everything else with my application is pretty straightforward.

It's crazy how stressful this can be - although I'm pretty sure I'll have no problems, I've been having all these doubts over the last couple of days.