ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

overstay with a expired visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lovemunchies
Newly Registered

overstay with a expired visa

Post by lovemunchies » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:20 pm

hi everyone

i'm very new to this forum as you can tell. i've few questions that i want to ask.

i've a friend here in the UK that has overstay his welcome, the visa expired a year ago. he's planning to leave the country from qatwic, soon.
what happen if he get caught by the EIO? does the passport get stamp and get ban from entering the UK for the next 3 or 5 years? does he get taken into a office and get grill by the EIO? i hear stories some people are lucky because the ECO doesn't check their date of entry, does that mean they can enter the UK without hassle next time if they plan to visit the UK again? thanks

Plaasjapie

Post by Plaasjapie » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:14 pm

Last edited by Plaasjapie on Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:42 pm

Probably he/she won't be caught leaving the country... but I travel quite regularly in/out of Heathrow and sometimes they do look at people's passports...

if your friend sticks to the rules next time, he/she won't have to worry about ... :lol:

Good luck...