ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application - Out of UK for more than 6 months

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

1sppandey

ILR Application - Out of UK for more than 6 months

Post by 1sppandey » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Hello,

I am currently on Tier 1 General visa and completing 5 years in this April. During this 5 year period I have made many trips outside uk (to India) as my parents live there. I may have gone to India sometimes once a year and sometimes twice a year.

Due to this I have been out of UK for more than 6 months in the last five year period. But I am in steady employment and all my vacations were on paid official leave given to me by my employer.

My questions are:

1) What kinds of problems will this cause in my appplication for ILR

2) What is the procedure and documents I will need to provide for explanation of the above issue for a successful application.

All your comments and suggestions are welcome. pls post if you need any more information.

Thanks in advance..!!

addh
- thin ice -

Post by addh » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:12 am

as long as they r on ur paid leaves that shud b fine.. but also depends on how many they are, i had 186 days and that was fine

luckyboy
Newly Registered

Post by luckyboy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:42 pm

addh wrote:as long as they r on ur paid leaves that shud b fine.. but also depends on how many they are, i had 186 days and that was fine
hi addh

Did you submit any employer letter to support your absences? I have 193 days out (include 43 days paid holiday) . will it be a problem? thanks

addh
- thin ice -

Post by addh » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:01 am

luckyboy wrote:
addh wrote:as long as they r on ur paid leaves that shud b fine.. but also depends on how many they are, i had 186 days and that was fine
hi addh

Did you submit any employer letter to support your absences? I have 193 days out (include 43 days paid holiday) . will it be a problem? thanks
i submitted a letter from my employer stating i had been employed from 2006 and my annual leave entitlement was 29 days.
I think 193 is alrite, its not to much.. but u said ur total holidays r 193 and 43 is paid, is the rest unpaid?

luckyboy
Newly Registered

Post by luckyboy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:46 pm

addh wrote:
luckyboy wrote:
hi addh

i submitted a letter from my employer stating i had been employed from 2006 and my annual leave entitlement was 29 days.
I think 193 is alrite, its not to much.. but u said ur total holidays r 193 and 43 is paid, is the rest unpaid?
Hi addh

i work for the same employer in past 5 years. all the rest absences were travel to EU countries when i was off,(my shift is one week on, one week off). so most of the leaves were 3 or 4 days. no single leave over 21 days. my annual leave entitlement was 19 days. so do you think my 193 days absences should be alright? thanks

1sppandey

Post by 1sppandey » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:57 am

luckyboy wrote:
addh wrote:
luckyboy wrote:
hi addh

Hi addh

i work for the same employer in past 5 years. all the rest absences were travel to EU countries when i was off,(my shift is one week on, one week off). so most of the leaves were 3 or 4 days. no single leave over 21 days. my annual leave entitlement was 19 days. so do you think my 193 days absences should be alright? thanks
Hey Dude..you hijacked my Topic...!!! :roll:

luckyboy
Newly Registered

Post by luckyboy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:18 am

1sppandey wrote:
luckyboy wrote:
addh wrote:
luckyboy wrote:
hi addh

Hi addh

Hey Dude..you hijacked my Topic...!!! :roll:

sorry 1sppandey

addh
- thin ice -

Post by addh » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:55 pm

luckyboy wrote:
addh wrote:
luckyboy wrote:
hi addh

Hi addh

so it means u were working sort of part time only... in that case i dont know