ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent query, pls answer it asap.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

riyaz029
Newly Registered

Urgent query, pls answer it asap.

Post by riyaz029 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:21 am

Hi,

Please, quick response is surely appreciated. I applied for PSW visa on 22nd of dec 2011 by next day delivery post but didn't not enclose the return pre paid next day delivery envelope. UKBA received it on 23rd of dec2011. Received acknowledgement on 7th which was actually dated as 3rd of jan 2012. The thing troubles me is about the Biometric invitation which I haven't received yet. I have to be back home India by 10 of Feb 2012 as my marriage has been fixed. Please let me know any favourable suggestions like any alternative to go back India and safely return to UK with some travel document, as my passport is with UKBA for PSW processing.

Thank u and cheers,

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:30 am

You should not travel out of the UK until they have decided on your application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:05 am

The only option: Get your marriage date moved ahead by at least a month. You never know how much time it would take to complete the process.

I would suggest keeping a margin of at least 6 weeks or more is always beneficial.

In case you do decide to go back to India, you would have to request UKBA to return your passport and that would mean that you are withdrawing your application following which it might be difficult to apply again as your current leave would have expired.

Please check with UKBA regarding the PSW procedure. In case you do decide to withdraw your application, check if there is an option to apply from India for PSW (I am not very hopeful about this one, but there is no harm in checking)

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:29 pm

please be careful about the PSW as its getting over by april 2012 . so in case you are deciding to get back your passport before decision be careful about that aspect. i would suggest that wait for UKBA decision and if required dont travel from UK till you get your visa.
all the very best

riyaz029
Newly Registered

Post by riyaz029 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:31 am

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and I'll follow the instructions.

riyaz029
Newly Registered

Got the Biometrics today 19 jan2012.

Post by riyaz029 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:21 am

Got the Biometrics invitation letter on 19th jan after 12 days since received the Acknowledgement letter and will give the biometrics on 20th jan. How long could the process take approximately now, this worries me now.