ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Professional Referee for MN1 Section 1(3) - what a pain?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oye_rg

Professional Referee for MN1 Section 1(3) - what a pain?

Post by oye_rg » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi,
We recently got ILR and now I have an NCS appointment for naturalisation application MN1 1(3) for my two children, both born in the UK. One child is 4 years 10 months and the other is just 11 months.

Finding a professional referee is becoming difficult:

1. The headteacher of my son's school said she cannot sign as she is Canadian (I think she can sign as per guidelines she does not need to be British but I have a suspicion she may not be wanting to sign, particularly for my younger daughter as she has no association with her, and is politely giving this excuse)
2. GP has refused to sign and I cannot insist much because we have moved here only one year ago
3. I checked with a solicitor and he correctly says he has to know me for 2 years and cannot sign just like that for a fee.

Any ideas? This professional referee is becoming a pain for many and to me it is an illegal requirement because it restricts someone legally entitled not to exercise that but that is another discussion.

Can I get a family friend who is a doctor but has not dealt with the children in a 'professional capacity' to sign?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:39 pm

I suggest you follow the advice given here

oye_rg

Post by oye_rg » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:17 pm

Jambo wrote:I suggest you follow the advice given here
Thanks Jumbo...actually I had already seen the thread. It is not clear whether the particular application went through ok. Also I do not know what to do regarding the older child. Finally, my appointment is with NCS on Monday and they seem to be very strict. Any further advise would be very helpful. Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Phone the HO. At least if the NCS will be strict, you can tell them the HO advice you to do so (they will probably phone the HO while you there to verify).

Don't worry about the older boy. 4 yo is still considered young.

There were previous cases that MN1 1(3) applications got approved even without any referees. As long as you talk to HO, follow their advice and add a note explaining it, you should be fine.

kamal.gulati
Newly Registered

In same boat

Post by kamal.gulati » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:55 pm

My son was born in Dec11 and I got ILR in Jan12

No professional worker is signing the MN1 form. Hence, please let me know if you are able to get the approval. If yes then please let me know what you wrote in the letter...I will copy paste the letter format.

Any other advice would be very helpful.

Looking forward for your reply.

doojaga
Newly Registered

Re: In same boat

Post by doojaga » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:29 am

kamal.gulati wrote:My son was born in Dec11 and I got ILR in Jan12

No professional worker is signing the MN1 form. Hence, please let me know if you are able to get the approval. If yes then please let me know what you wrote in the letter...I will copy paste the letter format.

Any other advice would be very helpful.

Looking forward for your reply.
hallo
my son was 3 yrs old when i have applied for his british citizenshi
you try with the health visitors of your child. becoz for my son's application reference was given by a health visitor.
i hope this information will be of some use.
regards

oye_rg

Post by oye_rg » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:33 pm

I used an IT Engineer and another Associate Director in a bank (they make every tom, dick and harry associate director in finance companies these days :)

It was all good and I receied the naturalisation certificate in a ceremony today, the lady at NCS (few months ago) read the word director and was happy but I guess if you have a manager in a bank etc you might be ok

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:04 am

Section 1(3) registration is a legal entitlement if the statutory requirements are met.

In other words, the Home Office may not necessarily be able to refuse the application even if there is no reference supplied.

Best advice is to obtain what references you can find, and give an explanation on the cover letter. Same applies if you really cannot find anyone willing and able to give a reference.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:16 am

I have used a personal acquaintance without a UK passport, but who happens to be an accountant.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:33 am

My sons GP, Nurse and health visitor all refused to give their references for my sons MN1 application under section 1(3).

I got it signed by my two friends who both are qualified accountants and are british citizens.

Dont worry about it :D