ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Teir1 Extension - Salary

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

menae4u
Newly Registered

Teir1 Extension - Salary

Post by menae4u » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi all

I got Teir1 General on basis of £35,000 salary in 2010 (combination of employment + self-employment). I paid my tax liability on this income during the year. After first year of getting my Teir1 visa, My taxable income was around £30,000 last year i.e. 2011 (combination of employment income + self empmloyemnt income). I have also paid tax liability on this income. I have ceased trading after 2011 and this year my employment income is over £35,000.

My questions are:

Do I need to have same income of £35.000 consistently over the 5 years since the approval of Teir 1 application in order to qualify for Indefinite Leave?

Will I get extension for Teir 1 as my income will exceed salary threshold of £35,000 in the last 12 months?

Can I be in trouble as my income was £30,000 in 2010, when I make extension application this year?

your help and responce will be highly appreciated

Regards

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:22 am

Have you tried using the Points-based calculator to calculate your points? How many points do you need to qualify? It will be helpful for you to summarise the points you are getting for each category - e.g. Master's degree - 35 points, Age ??? - 10 points, etc.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:29 am

I don't think you need to worry about anything. You just need to prove that you have been working in the last 12 months.

You can never have the same pay throughout the 5 yr period as you are bound to change jobs. UKBA understands that and hence you just need 12 months salary to prove your income.

I don't think you even need tax statements or P45's for all the yr's to prove that you were earning during the 5 yr period but these just serve as supporting evidence to support your case.

menae4u
Newly Registered

Post by menae4u » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:33 am

QuickSam wrote:I don't think you need to worry about anything. You just need to prove that you have been working in the last 12 months.

You can never have the same pay throughout the 5 yr period as you are bound to change jobs. UKBA understands that and hence you just need 12 months salary to prove your income.

I don't think you even need tax statements or P45's for all the yr's to prove that you were earning during the 5 yr period but these just serve as supporting evidence to support your case.
Thanks Quick and Scope.

I am making my required points including salary in the last 12 months. Someone mentioned to me that you are required to have same salary consistently over the 5 years period to get an extension or Indefinite Leave in the future. But I did not write as such requirement on Teir1's Guidance Note or UKBA webiste.

I believe, I should not be worried as long as I have sufficent salary in the last 12 months to make the required points.

Thanks again for both of u for valuable help and time