ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:20 am

aaaaaa123 wrote:Hi
Every1 application under process 4 me hope sum1s got a ready for collection 2day or 2morrow.

InshAllah...i cnt concentrate on work or anythn coz of this:(
visa-grante:25.10.12

shabbo13
Newly Registered

Post by shabbo13 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:23 am

syma wrote:
Every1 application under process 4 me hope sum1s got a ready for collection 2day or 2morrow.

Same here Syma :( InshAllah we will here something soon

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:25 am

shabbo13 wrote:
syma wrote:

Same here Syma :( InshAllah we will here something soon
do you mind me asking(its a lil difficult to tell by everyonez display names) your husband has applied from Pak for a spouse visa??

shabbo13
Newly Registered

Post by shabbo13 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:28 am

yes syma my husband applied for the spouse visa at mirpur in pak

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:31 am

shabbo13 wrote:yes syma my husband applied for the spouse visa at mirpur in pak
sumhow applicantions submitted at Mirpur have more chances of getting earlier replies, ive noticed this on the processing time ahown on UKBA over the past few months so goodluck:)

mas_sayed

Post by mas_sayed » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:43 pm

does anyone know when the status will changed to.. Returned to AC?
im hating this wait, should i email them or wait for a reply?
submitted at Lahore Gerrys on 30/11/11
under process at BHC on 15/12/11
Passport ready for collection on 26/1/12

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:11 pm

Yh
my hubbys in PAK aswell
Application submitted and forwad to ISB OC - 05/01/12
Refused 25/04/12
Appeal lodged 08/05/12

Keyser_Soze
Newly Registered

Post by Keyser_Soze » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Interesting, my wife applied on Thursday from Mirpur and you applied on Monday. Do let me know if you hear anything.

Can someone please get a "RETURNED TO AC", it will mean the rest of us know the BHC are doing something......!!!!

mas_sayed

Post by mas_sayed » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Keyser_Soze wrote:
Interesting, my wife applied on Thursday from Mirpur and you applied on Monday. Do let me know if you hear anything.

Can someone please get a "RETURNED TO AC", it will mean the rest of us know the BHC are doing something......!!!!
the only thing we can do is wait!! i hate this wait :(
submitted at Lahore Gerrys on 30/11/11
under process at BHC on 15/12/11
Passport ready for collection on 26/1/12

shabbo13
Newly Registered

Post by shabbo13 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:52 pm

Keyser_Soze wrote:

Will do

I've got a horrible feeling they are going to take the full 12 weeks so that means we wont hear until MARCH! ahhh all we can do is make dua :(

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:04 pm

shabbo13 wrote:
Keyser_Soze wrote:

Will do

I've got a horrible feeling they are going to take the full 12 weeks so that means we wont hear until MARCH! ahhh all we can do is make dua :(
this might be a weird question but do you think that an ECO is bound to scrutinize an application where you've said its an arrange marriage?? because of all the forced marriage drama involving South asians... also alot of ppl tend to come for a few days they get married and leave soon can that be an issue? becuase some one i know there visa app got refused becuase the ECO didnt think it was convincing that it was an arrange marraige and the Uk citizen guy was here only for a week...

any thots anyone?

fbutt09

Post by fbutt09 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:39 pm

syma wrote:
shabbo13 wrote:
Keyser_Soze wrote:

Will do

this might be a weird question but do you think that an ECO is bound to scrutinize an application where you've said its an arrange marriage?? because of all the forced marriage drama involving South asians... also alot of ppl tend to come for a few days they get married and leave soon can that be an issue? becuase some one i know there visa app got refused becuase the ECO didnt think it was convincing that it was an arrange marraige and the Uk citizen guy was here only for a week...

any thots anyone?
I certainly hope that doesn’t happen. I told the truth and wrote within the form that I got arranged ‘marriaged’. Additionally I also wrote that she was a cousin. As we are a conservative family I didn’t really know my wife prior to marriage, although I had seen her and (after Isthkhara) was content/happy to get married.

Anyway I got married in the first week of my holiday and stayed in Pak for three weeks with my wife. Had such a great time :D

Honesty is the best policy. Period. I heard you should not declare the arranged marriage and cousin part, apparently the UKBA see that as a possible forced marriage and put more scrutiny on an application? I dismissed that as unsubstantiated hearsay and wrote the truth regardless.

Conversely had I not stated the truth I would have been in a worse position anyway. I would not have been able to supply any solid evidence of communication etc.

I filled the form honestly and truthfully supplying as much information as part of my application ensuring any ECO would be satisfied with my application. I sent about 12-13 pictures of my Mehdni (Nikkah was held then), Barat and Walima, not to mention our shadi cards.

Surely ECOs can spot a scam/forced marriage a mile away! None of us are in that unfortunate position anyway so no need to fear.
My concerns are that I may have missed something small!

The whole process is a waiting game, doing dua and leaving it in the hands of Allah SWT.

Our spouses will be united with us as and when it is Ordained, let that be soon inshAllah.

ZAZA2011
Newly Registered

Post by ZAZA2011 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:47 pm

MESG DELETED
Last edited by ZAZA2011 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:13 pm

ZAZA2011, I have some concerns. For example, "electoral poll from online 192.com showing how many people currently live at the address", it does not show that at all. It merely shows how many people are voters at the address, and does not include any children, or any non-Commonwealth, non-Irish, non-EU Citizens, who are not entitled to vote.

But your Dad's letter, if it does say who lives there, if there are any children, does it mention their ages? And as regards rooms, does it mention the number of what I call "counting rooms", that is, ignoring Spam, bathroom and toilet, whatever their size, how many rooms are 50 square feet or bigger in size?

Also, the Land Registry document, does it show details of any mortgage or charge on the property? If it does, did you include anything from that party showing payments are up-to-date?
John

ZAZA2011
Newly Registered

Post by ZAZA2011 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:48 pm

MSG DELETED
Last edited by ZAZA2011 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:50 pm

For those who have lodged an appeal- any updates?? Our deadline is coming up shortly (30th January) and still haven't heard anything and they're not even acknowledging emails anymore :s Insh'allah it won't go to a hearing. Good luck to all. Hope Allah SWT answers everybodys dua's!
Submitted application: 02.05.2011
Refused: 07.07.2011
Refusal of entry clearance received: 08.08.2011
Appeal lodged in UK: 02.09.2011
Acknowledgement Letter received from AIT: 22.09.2011
Deadline given to ECO: 30.01.2012

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:49 pm

How long does it take to recieve the TB medical certificate?

enigma321

Post by enigma321 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:35 pm

*Nazia wrote:How long does it take to recieve the TB medical certificate?
Same day or next day at the most.

If you have a test in the morning then it will be later that afternoon when you get the certificate. If its an afternoon test, then next day.
SUBMITTED: 14/12/2011 @ ISB
UNDER PROCESS: 30/12/2011
READY FOR COLLECTION: 01/02/2012
VISA GRANTED

SanaXX
Newly Registered

Post by SanaXX » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:26 pm

my solicitor told me that the hearing date will be within a week or so after the deadline date. 8 weeks is a long time! hope is doesn't take that long!

General30

Spousal visa application

Post by General30 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi Rehana I'm still waiting for a update on my appeal which I lodged in October 2011 I have emailed the embassy but only got a reply of them once I sent emails on a few more occasions but they just ignored them so I contacted my local mp to investigate why they are taking so long so when my mp contacted them they decided to reply to my email saying

We can confirm that we have received appeal statement on 26/10/11 which is awaiting a review from the manager. Please note the standard processing time for an appeal statement to be reviewed is approximately 3 months. We aim to process all applications within standard process time.

This is the reply I got of them and it says they recieved my statement on the 26/10/11 which is not true because I appealed on the 5/10/11 and recieved my notice of pending appeal on the 14/10/11
I hope they decide to overturn my decision before the 26/1/12 if not I will no then it's going to court but I have provided full solid evidence on refusal reasons and my mp has asked them to explain to him why they not issued the visa so I think inshallah it will get overturned Soon
Refused on 23/09/2011
Appealed on 06/10/2011
Acknowledgement received 14/10/2011
Date given 22/02/2012
Call in letter recieved 24/01/2012
Passport submitted 01/02/2012
Passport returned 05/03/2012
Visa issued alhamdulilah
Wife in UK 22/03/2012

m.k

Post by m.k » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:42 pm

batleykhan wrote:
m.k wrote:Hi I'm a newbie to this site i have been reading up on ur posts for a quiet a few days now its really interesting and really helps.

Anyway here goes my situation please do advice if you can.

I went to Pakistan in June 2010 got married stayed for 4 weeks come back to the UK and sent off for my hubbies visa (i went back to Pakistan in august come back in December) and he got a refusal in November appealed in December 2010 got a hearing date for 16th may 2011 but that was my due date (how convenient!) so got the local mp to request for the hearing date to be earlier so was moved to the 23rd of April 2010 and the outcome was still refused so closed the appeal did not bother with going to high court.

I then had my baby and when she turned 4 months in September i went back to Pakistan to visit my hubby with my daughter and returned at the end of November looked for work and now have been working since the 2nd of January 2012.

my questions are as follows:

1) is 3 months wage slips and bank statements enough or does it have to be 6 months?

Yes 3 months slips will do fine

2) I'm getting child benefit and working tax credit does that affect my application?

No it should not as you being a British citizen are allowed to claim these benefits.

3) my weekly wage after tax is £204.56 is it enough?

You need to have about £120 per week left over after you have paid things like Council tax. mortgage etc for you , your hubby and child to live on.

You may need to look closely at why your hubby was refused both his visa and at appeal hearing, as its sounds serious.If those things have not changed, then there is a good possibility that he may be refused again maybe for the same reasons,

Sorry for going on but your advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hi thanks for getting back with the answers.

Im living with my parents, my brother, his wife and 3 kids and we have a 6 bedroom house so accomodation isnt a proble cos im living rent free and the house is now cashed and my father will be providing the letter of support and all evidence needed for the house.

As im living rent free and not paying towards any bills or anything my expenses are just formyself and my daughter which isnt much maybe £30_£50 a week so i have more than enough left behind of my wage and all the benefits i.e working tax/child tax and child benefit goes in saving. Will they take that saving into account as enough to support my husband myself and our daughter or do they just look at the wage on its own? :?

also could you give me some advice about my name change pls.
I have recently got my surname changed to my husbands name and it has been changed with the bank and all benefits office so now on my payslips etc but my passport still bears my old name do you think i would need to get it changed now before my husband applys for his visa or should i wait till it expires after 8 years or so? :?:

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:46 am

i got an email today...

Thank you for your email of 12/01/2012 asking for an update on your appeal. We received your Notice of Appeal on 01/12/2011. A review of the refusal decision will be conducted here. If the decision to refuse is upheld, the Notice of Appeal will be forwarded to the Immigration and Asylum First Tier Chamber as soon as possible. If we overturn the decision at review, you will be contacted about the arrangements to resubmit your passport. This process can take up to three months.

so does that mean i have until february to hear if they overturn their decision?...

i really do not want to go court..serously!..

oh btw..im not gna go pakistan now :(..my dads booked the tickets for my mum , sis, and bro..they goin this sunday..:(..propa heartbroken..but wht can i say...life goes on..

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:17 pm

m.k wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
m.k wrote:Hi I'm a newbie to this site i have been reading up on ur posts for a quiet a few days now its really interesting and really helps.

Anyway here goes my situation please do advice if you can.

I went to Pakistan in June 2010 got married stayed for 4 weeks come back to the UK and sent off for my hubbies visa (i went back to Pakistan in august come back in December) and he got a refusal in November appealed in December 2010 got a hearing date for 16th may 2011 but that was my due date (how convenient!) so got the local mp to request for the hearing date to be earlier so was moved to the 23rd of April 2010 and the outcome was still refused so closed the appeal did not bother with going to high court.

I then had my baby and when she turned 4 months in September i went back to Pakistan to visit my hubby with my daughter and returned at the end of November looked for work and now have been working since the 2nd of January 2012.

my questions are as follows:

1) is 3 months wage slips and bank statements enough or does it have to be 6 months?

Yes 3 months slips will do fine

2) I'm getting child benefit and working tax credit does that affect my application?

No it should not as you being a British citizen are allowed to claim these benefits.

3) my weekly wage after tax is £204.56 is it enough?

You need to have about £120 per week left over after you have paid things like Council tax. mortgage etc for you , your hubby and child to live on.

You may need to look closely at why your hubby was refused both his visa and at appeal hearing, as its sounds serious.If those things have not changed, then there is a good possibility that he may be refused again maybe for the same reasons,

Sorry for going on but your advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hi thanks for getting back with the answers.

Im living with my parents, my brother, his wife and 3 kids and we have a 6 bedroom house so accomodation isnt a proble cos im living rent free and the house is now cashed and my father will be providing the letter of support and all evidence needed for the house.

As im living rent free and not paying towards any bills or anything my expenses are just formyself and my daughter which isnt much maybe £30_£50 a week so i have more than enough left behind of my wage and all the benefits i.e working tax/child tax and child benefit goes in saving. Will they take that saving into account as enough to support my husband myself and our daughter or do they just look at the wage on its own? :?

If this is the case you will need to make this clear in the application.Claiming benefits has some advantages and disadvantages. Benefits are not counted like wage you get paid.Its additional to your wage .

also could you give me some advice about my name change pls.
I have recently got my surname changed to my husbands name and it has been changed with the bank and all benefits office so now on my payslips etc but my passport still bears my old name do you think i would need to get it changed now before my husband apply for his visa or should i wait till it expires after 8 years or so? :?:

If you have changed your name, you should notify all authorities ( ie tax office/passport office/utilities/banks etc ) of this by witting a standard letter and then sending it off to anyone with whom you have contact. If you don't do this, you may find you will have a lot of problems in the future.Furthermore make sure you make this clear in your hubby's application

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:21 pm

@General30- What a long waiting game. Itz been a long draining 10 months since we started this process and there still doesn't seem to be light at the end of the tunnel. Lets see what happens. Wishing you all the best!
Submitted application: 02.05.2011
Refused: 07.07.2011
Refusal of entry clearance received: 08.08.2011
Appeal lodged in UK: 02.09.2011
Acknowledgement Letter received from AIT: 22.09.2011
Deadline given to ECO: 30.01.2012

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:42 pm

XnailaX wrote:i got an email today...

Thank you for your email of 12/01/2012 asking for an update on your appeal. We received your Notice of Appeal on 01/12/2011. A review of the refusal decision will be conducted here. If the decision to refuse is upheld, the Notice of Appeal will be forwarded to the Immigration and Asylum First Tier Chamber as soon as possible. If we overturn the decision at review, you will be contacted about the arrangements to resubmit your passport. This process can take up to three months.

so does that mean i have until february to hear if they overturn their decision?...

i really do not want to go court..serously!..

oh btw..im not gna go pakistan now :(..my dads booked the tickets for my mum , sis, and bro..they goin this sunday..:(..propa heartbroken..but wht can i say...life goes on..
So from what it says on the reply they will take up to 3 months to make a decision. Fingers crossed all will go well inshallah.

Yeah shame you can't go pak would have been good for you. Stay positive!!
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12