ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Can an ILR be refused on the unemployment grounds?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

minsurfnet
United Kingdom

URGENT: Can an ILR be refused on the unemployment grounds?

Post by minsurfnet » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:49 am

can someone please advice,

Can UKBA refuse ILR on the grounds of unemployment / redundncy for a limited period while on Tier-1 during the five year period?

I was unemployed for a period of time during the tier-1 but at present I'm employeed and all points covered as per the guidelines for TIER-1. I've documents showing that I was activity seeking work during the time and economically active.

is that good enough to satisfy UKBA?

Please answer as early as possiable, I''ve appointment for next week.

Regards,
Syed.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Simple answer is NO, as long as you have not claimed any money from public funds.

minsurfnet
United Kingdom

Post by minsurfnet » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Many thanks,

no benefis issue at all. it's just unemployment and doesn't have any tax record in HMRC for that period.

regards,

ssj
Newly Registered

Post by ssj » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:12 pm

as long as you satisfy the points for the past 12 months, there will be no problem