ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to clear payment first before ILR application?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PRapplicant
Newly Registered

Do I need to clear payment first before ILR application?

Post by PRapplicant » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:20 pm

I have got my appointment to apply for ILR on 23rd Feb in Solihull.

Some of my friend told me that there are recent changes which requires all applicant to clear payment before they go to the appointment.

I am not totally sure whether this is the case because in my opinion, we go to the appointment, being informed of successful or rejection (in Solihull) before make a payment.

Can anyone help to clarify this please?

nnj10

Re: Do I need to clear payment first before ILR application?

Post by nnj10 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:27 pm

PRapplicant wrote:I have got my appointment to apply for ILR on 23rd Feb in Solihull.

Some of my friend told me that there are recent changes which requires all applicant to clear payment before they go to the appointment.

I am not totally sure whether this is the case because in my opinion, we go to the appointment, being informed of successful or rejection (in Solihull) before make a payment.

I have seen a few cases here of solihull PEO where they will let you know decision beforehand and then ask you to make a payment.
In most other PEOs, you go through payment window first before being passed on to case worker.

PRapplicant
Newly Registered

Re: Do I need to clear payment first before ILR application?

Post by PRapplicant » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:42 pm

nnj10 wrote:
PRapplicant wrote:I have got my appointment to apply for ILR on 23rd Feb in Solihull.

I have seen a few cases here of solihull PEO where they will let you know decision beforehand and then ask you to make a payment.
In most other PEOs, you go through payment window first before being passed on to case worker.
Thanks NNJ10, what my friend says is you need to clear payment 24 hours before your appointment, which means you pre-pay online before go for the appointment.

I though that is required for peope applying when outside the UK, but not very sure.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:44 pm

Unless you are making an online application (I think SET(O) is still not available for online applications); you will make the payment by card or Postal order at PEO payment window.

ssj
Newly Registered

Post by ssj » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:17 pm

the payment at solihull will be taken after they check your papers, your friends are just confusing you

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:31 pm

I would agree with nnj10 that in Solihull PEO, they seem to be taking payments before making the decision but everywhere else you have to pay first and then the CW starts considering your application.

Also as ssj mentioned, in certain application types you can make payment online on UKBA’s site (but I don’t think so even that is mandatory).

PRapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by PRapplicant » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:34 pm

Thanks guys! You put my mind at peace...

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:56 pm

so it mean we should go to that PEO only

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:14 am

PEO is not mandatory, people in any category can still send the applications by post.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:22 am

i mean they will check that application is valid then we can pay rather than we pay first and and they hold or refuse application

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:50 am

But it’s not guaranteed even at Solihull PEO. As I have heard from people that sometimes they ask you to pay first before deciding the application. But you can give it a try.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:09 pm

I agree with linkers comments, I have few friends who had to pay before their case was considered at solihull ... looks like this is a recent change ...

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:33 pm

I can confirm even in Belfast PEO you pay after the decision has been made. They are a step further and they allow the appicants to get any missing documents within the same day.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:55 pm

I think Belfast PEO sounds like a good option (if you are willing to travel) as they give you the opportunity to get any missing documents.