ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hurray!!! Got the Approval!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tsar
Newly Registered

Hurray!!! Got the Approval!

Post by Tsar » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:55 pm

Hi Guys!
Its so good to finally type the sentence that i have been reading in this forum and longing to one day write it myself..." Got Approval". Guys i have finally managed to get the approval. Well Well Well the journey has not been easy. I have been preparing for this from last 2 years. Got rejections twice...but finally managed to convince the HSMP team. My first rejection was due to my Agent who wrongly filled the form, did not give sufficient evidences and messed up everything. I appealed to the team only to get disappointed. The second time i myself made my application and believe me guys this forum is like your Bible. It has helped me so so much that i couldnot just go ahead without thanking all the forum members...seniors and juniors and those who have selflessly hlped me in so many ways.
I got my approval in June and would be heading to UK in December. Through with the EC..and now busy winding up things here in India.
So Guys thankyou agin so much for making my dream come true. I know now the real struggle starts...but that is what i have always longed for!

Well Guys i would like if somebosy could tell me when does one have to go through the Medical tests? Before boarding the plane?? at the airport or is there any medical certificate one has to carry or is is after landing in the UK at the airport??

Thankyou once again folks and hope i get response to my query!

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:04 pm

COngratulation Tsar.
Would you please share your case. what point have you claim, supporting evidence, time line so other people might benefit from your experience.

Pantaiema

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:24 pm

pantaiema

I hope Tsar will still remember the details because it's been quite a while he got the approval, June to be precise (according to his post).
Last edited by buntosanya on Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Behold, i have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it."

buntosanya

Post by buntosanya » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:24 pm

pantaiema

I hope Tsar will still remember the details because it's been quite a while he got the approval, June to be precise (according to his post).
"Behold, i have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it."

Tsar
Newly Registered

Post by Tsar » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:42 pm

Well guys although its been quiet sometime i have got my approval but not that long that i would forget all the efforts i have put ( not without the support of this Forum).
My Case:
Under 28
Got points for: Masters + Work Experience + Spouse degree + Age.
I applied in month of may2006. Got approval within 20 days. They are really fast these days.
Well it was easy to score for Masters degree , spouse degree and age having given the evidences but pain...real pain to get evidences for Proving that i have been living with my spouse for more than 2 years.
Telephone bills, marriage certificate, bank statements, insurance certificates, lease agreement paper, electricity bills all have to be kept and maintained prperly.
Also make a good CV and job responsibilty letter. Before placing ur application make sure u browse through and get clear picture of ur job scope in te UK. Try having similar vocabulary in ur JD.
As it has always been said in the forum by many others. Make it easy for the team to navigate through your documents. i followed what other success cases narrated in this forum. 5 kg heavy folder with all relevant documents...neatliy in plastic sleeves and colourful seperaters.
A nice covering letter and Index for the folder are a must.
Beleive me its a formula to get ur approval.....make it that neat.
Well its quiet late now and i need to sleep. Wanna write more about my experience which i wud soon do!
Feel free to ask me any queries u have!
Gnite!

UKdestiny
Newly Registered

Post by UKdestiny » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:00 am

Tsar & everyone,

I need some clarification reg. the EC.

1) As the approval letter is valid for 6 months. If suppose i apply EC during 5th month & ask embassy that my travel date wil be after 3 months. will they accept it & issue at 8th month OR they will give at the time of EC application submitted ?

2) Is my EC date shuld be within the 6 months ?

Kindly help me !!!

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:06 am

Cogracts Tsar!!...I can understand how jubiliant you will be b'coz I have exactly the same case like u and in the last I did evrything on my own...the difference was that I did not knoew about this forum when I was applying but anyways...rightly said, All Well that Ends Well...

For the medical, you don't need to do anything from your home country but everything will be done at the UK airport itself....there is a medical team right at the airport and they just take a while doing some test so just relax!!

Tsar
Newly Registered

Post by Tsar » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:38 pm

Hi Ukdestiny,
All i can tell u from my experience is that u hardly get to request for any dates. I didnot have to go through any interview business. 8am i submitted my file to the Visa official. He was very cooperative, patient and kept accepting whatever documenst i submitted him. Although in the form there is a column wherin u are expected to write your date of travel but the fact that u are applying the day when u r applying means that u want to get the EC asap. I got my Visa next day evening stamped from the Visa office with all my originals.
I have plans to travel in the month of December but i got EC done in September itself. Dear freind why take a chance....just apply. All u lose is ur valuable 3 months before which as u say u cannot travel. Thats ok i guess. But ur clock will start ticking the day u have got ur Passport stamped ie ur EC date. My case is similar to urs but only difference is that u wud travel in 8th month and i want to travell b4 the validity of my HSMP approval letter gets over ie. 6 months time duration.
All i can again suggest is after so much pains u get ur approval...then donot postpone it...u never know...anything cud come ur way.
Also i wud say that due to any unavoidable circumstance u still cannot go b4 ur 8th month...doesnt' matter...its wud just be that u wud lose on some months time. If thts ok with u then carry on!
All the best for ur EC!
Dear Ashket thankyou for ur reply. I wud again like to knw that can i save my time at the UK airport by getting medical test done here in India itself. I have read somewhere on net that the UK Visa officials themselves suggest u to go through medical test at there recognised hospitals ( which is Breach Candy 90% times). Anybody has any idea about this...or is that so that the rules have changed now???

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:41 pm

I am not aware of this and nobody told me and don't know if that is applicable for students or entrants on short term basis as you are hoing there for a long time...well, if it's a matter of saving time then I guess you should call up the British High Commission/ Embassy for this and confirm...but I would still say don't bother too much about it as from my personal experience I can say that it's just a matter of few minutes at the Airport....

UKdestiny
Newly Registered

Post by UKdestiny » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:30 am

Tsar,

Thanks a lot for the detail reply. So ur Visa start date was sep-06 ?
can u plz share wat r the documents u submitted ?

All the best !!

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:16 pm

Wee done Tsar.
With 5Kg folder and provide index for navigation, It seem that you have worked hard and prepared your case carefully.

Learning from this forum I have seen that a lot of people have failed because of poor presentaion, lack of evidence. They did not reaslise that it is their duty (and not of the case worker) to help the case worker to see their case clearly.

Some people have suggested to provide as minimum information as possible. From what I have learnt from the previous case I 'totally disagree with this'.

Pantaiema

Tsar wrote:Well guys although its been quiet sometime i have got my approval but not that long that i would forget all the efforts i have put ( not without the support of this Forum).
My Case:
Under 28
Got points for: Masters + Work Experience + Spouse degree + Age.
I applied in month of may2006. Got approval within 20 days. They are really fast these days.
Well it was easy to score for Masters degree , spouse degree and age having given the evidences but pain...real pain to get evidences for Proving that i have been living with my spouse for more than 2 years.
Telephone bills, marriage certificate, bank statements, insurance certificates, lease agreement paper, electricity bills all have to be kept and maintained prperly.
Also make a good CV and job responsibilty letter. Before placing ur application make sure u browse through and get clear picture of ur job scope in te UK. Try having similar vocabulary in ur JD.
As it has always been said in the forum by many others. Make it easy for the team to navigate through your documents. i followed what other success cases narrated in this forum. 5 kg heavy folder with all relevant documents...neatliy in plastic sleeves and colourful seperaters.
A nice covering letter and Index for the folder are a must.
Beleive me its a formula to get ur approval.....make it that neat.
Well its quiet late now and i need to sleep. Wanna write more about my experience which i wud soon do!
Feel free to ask me any queries u have!
Gnite!