ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need help for out of time application

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anuerinn
Newly Registered

need help for out of time application

Post by anuerinn » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi
For PSW i have maintained 800pounds from 17/11/2011 so 90 days will be
covered on 14/02/2012 but my student visa is also till 14/02/2012 so i am afraid that
i cant sumbit my application on 14/02/2011 becoz i cant show the bank balance of 14/02/2012 means i have to submit my application after expiry of my visa so i want to know that
Q1 if i will apply as a out of time application then the procedure will be the same as before time application or i have to mention any other details or letter for this..

Q2 Is it right if my out of time application will get reject for some reason then i cant reapply or appeal

wazobia

Post by wazobia » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Your situation is a tricky one. You can submit the application on the same day (14th) as when your 90 days is complete. However, you obviously will not be able to order for statements on time.

My advice would be to find out from your bank if they can print out statements for you, on a letterheaded paper, from a branch (you can visit multiple branches if one says they don't), and after printing out if they can stamp said statement. You should do this as soon as possible so you know if they offer this service, I have heard some banks can be difficult with putting their stamps on these printed statements.

Once you get this information, you get all required documents for your application ready (minus the statement, of course). On the 14th, head to the bank branch as soon as they open (9am, I believe) and get the required statements that show you have held the balance for 90 days. Remember, your statement should show your closing balance on the 14th. If you are not sure if it will (some banks do not show the statement's closing balance on the day it's printed), simply make a deposit into the account before you get the bank to print your statement.

When you get this statement, stamped and on the bank's letterheaded paper, get yourself to the post office and send your application to the home office. MAKE SURE THIS POST IS SENT RECORDED, AND YOU KEEP THE RECEIPT. DO NOT LOSE THAT RECEIPT.

If you are able to do this, you should be fine.

Cheers.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Re: need help for out of time application

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:28 pm

anuerinn wrote:Hi
For PSW i have maintained 800pounds from 17/11/2011 so 90 days will be
covered on 14/02/2012 but my student visa is also till 14/02/2012 so i am afraid that
i cant sumbit my application on 14/02/2011 becoz i cant show the bank balance of 14/02/2012 means i have to submit my application after expiry of my visa so i want to know that
Q1 if i will apply as a out of time application then the procedure will be the same as before time application or i have to mention any other details or letter for this..
Dont apply out of time. it looks bad on your immigration history.

Q2 Is it right if my out of time application will get reject for some reason then i cant reapply or appeal
Yes, and if its more than 28 days since expiry date... you attract one year ban too
My advice....

Submit application, on 13 February, with bank statement probably taken out a week before. Sure, it wont get you the maintenance points, but it will make your application "valid" and wont get returned in 3-5 days or so.

From then on (13th Feb onwards), you will have roughly 2-3 weeks to submit newer bank statement covering full 90 days via 'change of circumstances' form. but, do it ASAP anyway.

mramateen
Newly Registered

Similar problem

Post by mramateen » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi,
I have a similar problem but my situation is a bit less tight then the person's above, since I will apply atleast a week before my visa expires.
My question is if I apply on the day my visa expires, am I still allowed to stay in the UK, and for how long?
What if my visa takes longer than a month to process....

Thank you guys....and this forum is very helpful, keep up the good work!

wazobia

Re: Similar problem

Post by wazobia » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:11 pm

mramateen wrote:Hi,
I have a similar problem but my situation is a bit less tight then the person's above, since I will apply atleast a week before my visa expires.
My question is if I apply on the day my visa expires, am I still allowed to stay in the UK, and for how long?
What if my visa takes longer than a month to process....

Thank you guys....and this forum is very helpful, keep up the good work!
You can apply on the day your visa expires. However you will need proof of postage (i.e. Recorded post)

You are allowed to stay in the UK while your application is being processed. The time limit is dependent on when you receive the decision. So if it takes the UKBA 14 weeks to process your application, your student visa will still be applicable for that 14 week period.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:17 pm

date of submission is the date you post your app via ROYAL mAIL only....!! i.e. dont courier it!

mramateen
Newly Registered

Results delayed

Post by mramateen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:26 pm

Hello and thanks for your help!
I have a new problem.
My tutors have just confirmed that I will not be getting my results before my visa expires (29thFeb) because the board meeting itself is on 29thFeb.

What can be done in this case?

Should I go on and apply for PSW without my degree (or letter) on say 27th Feb?
When I get my results/letter/degree on say 5th March, i will then send that by "change in circumstances".

I tried to get an extension to the student visa, but my uni has declined my request because my course has already ended (i have to just hand-in my thesis).
They wont provide me a visa for waiting for the results!!
Moreover, the next board meeting will be in June, I dont want to wait till then and ofcourse, PSW route will have ended by then.

I really appreciate your replies guys, thanks a million!