ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Extension - Premium Service

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ducky11

Tier 1 General Extension - Premium Service

Post by Ducky11 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:53 am

Hi All,

I have an appointment for a Tier 1 extension on 1st Feb. Its a premium service. All my documents are in order & there is no reason for there to be any complications whatsoever.

I was told that I would get my passport on the same day & went ahead & booked an appointment for a Schengen visa (Denmark) on the 3rd of February (2-days later).

Now I'm in a spot of bother because I was recently informed that my passport would have zero proof of extension in it - No stamp, visa etc. I would only be getting a letter stating that I have been granted leave to remain on the day itself. They will send a biometric card / visa by post in 5-days. I was not aware of this until now & I have already booked my Schengen visa appointment for the 3rd. My questions are as follows -

Will the Schengen office accept the letter as proof of leave to remain? I called them to ask them but they were extremely vague over the phone.
Does the biometric card actually take 5-days to be delivered or can it be sent sooner?
I would have cancelled my Schengen visa appointment & booked it on a later date, but I will be unemployed on the 13th of February so wanted to have it all done prior to that. I can book an appointment 1-week later on the 8th of February because my employment letter will still be valid at that time, but if they were to call my employers post 13th then I might be in trouble.
Lastly, if I were to be rejected for a Schengen visa does anybody know how soon I can re-apply?

I would appreciate any advice.

Cheers,
Ducky

antipode
Newly Registered

Post by antipode » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:01 pm

I had a Same Day PEO appointment for Tier 1 extension last week. Like you, I thought all my documents were in order, and my application was straight forward (no dependants, no previous passports, no criminal history, no Ltd Company - just plain old salary).

I was informed on the day that my application was valid, but that it needed to be sent to Sheffield for further security checks. Anecdotally, I've heard of a number of other incidents of people not getting a decision on the day, especially if you've previously given biometrics in another country. Do a search of this forum... I would certainly not be relying on it.

As far as I'm aware, 4-5 working days is as fast as you can expect the BRP to be delivered, as it doesn't get printed at the PEO offices, I believe it gets sent from Wales?

Not sure about any of the Schengen visa stuff, sorry.

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:12 pm

I had my PEO appointment on the wednesday and got my Biometric Permit in the courier on the friday.

aswinsundaram
Newly Registered

what date does leave to remain start from?

Post by aswinsundaram » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:18 am

Hi theroyale,

Will the leave to remain on the biometric card have the date you had the premium day service or the date when biometric card was processed i.e it could be 2 or 3 after the premium day appointment?

My concern is if I go for a premium day service, I will get leave to remain granted 1 week before my current visa expires and when I go for ILR, I would have not spent 5 years?

Thanks

Aswin

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:22 am

The start date is date of approval.

You could still complete 5 yrs for ILR if you travelled to UK within 3 months of your Visa start date. Please read the following guidance from UKBA

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

aswinsundaram
Newly Registered

Post by aswinsundaram » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi QuickSam,

Thanks. I was on International Graduate Scheme before Tier 1

Aswin

aswinsundaram
Newly Registered

Post by aswinsundaram » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi QuickSam,

Thanks. I was on International Graduate Scheme before Tier 1. So in my case, i just switched visa and it wasn't an entry clearance.

Aswin