ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr croydon success 19/1/2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vkr
Newly Registered

ilr croydon success 19/1/2012

Post by vkr » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:18 pm

hello guys,
Thankx for the forums,took lot of information and help.
I got ILR stamped yesterday in croydon,bit of experience to share with you all.
A warm welcome,30 minutes before the appointment.
Took 20 min for security check and initial appication validity check after that,the lady advised to the payment section to 1st floor,after payment the lady asked me to wait for the token number to be called on the same 1st floor.

appointment was at 12 pm ,they called me at 2.15pm,submitted all the documents,CW asked me to wait for hour to do the checks,later she called me and told everything looks fine and collect the passport in counter 22,thank god,that was the reply from her i was waiting,but i was confident that everything i provided was proper,5yr WP only one employer,no changes in employment,only 75 days holidays in 5years.

later collected the passport for myself, spouse and child.I knew we can apply for child directly for British citizen,but have plans to travel quickly.

Overall the CW looks so experienced,made detail checks,happy endings.

Once again thankx for everyone to make this forums active.
bye

HeartGambler
Newly Registered

Re: ilr croydon success 19/1/2012

Post by HeartGambler » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:51 pm

vkr wrote:
Overall the CW looks so experienced,made detail checks,happy endings.

Once again thankx for everyone to make this forums active.
bye
Congrats Can you give some more info on the detailed check by the CW.

Thanks

mukesh.jain
Newly Registered

Post by mukesh.jain » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi vkr

If your appointment was for 12 noon, any idea why did they call you after so long at 2:30 pm?
Did they give any reason for the delay?

vkr
Newly Registered

Post by vkr » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:15 pm

hai mukesh
my appoint ment was at 12pm
lots of people waiting,a staff member assisted all of us and told we are running 3hrs late today but you all will be seen,later they shifted us from 1st floor to 2 nd floor where there are 8 CaseWorkers working,but 1st floor only 2 CW were working,they told due to different applicaitons it takes time to consider,thats the reason it was late.
cheers
vkr

vkr
Newly Registered

Post by vkr » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:27 pm

Hello Mr.heart gambler

The case worker asked to submit all the documents what i have.
I submitted passport,photos,employer letter,payslips 6months,bankstatement 6 months,last year p60,cohabitation,child birth certificate,marriage certificate, also spread sheet of holidays absence ,photocopies of all the above...
Then she asked me to wait for an hour,most of the time while i was watching ,she was entering the details in the system by seeing the passports and all the documents.
she also checked the holidays,she was calculating the days by seeing the passport,thats wht i hope.
Later she called me and made the decesion.
I think all our details will be in their system.
cheers
goodluck
bye
vkr