ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unpaid leave letter from Employer?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yameen
Newly Registered

Unpaid leave letter from Employer?

Post by Yameen » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:27 am

Hi guys,

Just quickly checking if I require a letter from my employer confirming I was on agreed unpaid leave for certain duration?

Are unpaid leaves generally an issue? I have had 25days unpaid and 25days paid leave in a single trip. This is obviously within the 90days threshold but just wondering may be the unpaid stuff needs to be backed up with a letter?

Yameen
Newly Registered

Re: Unpaid leave letter from Employer?

Post by Yameen » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Yameen wrote:Hi guys,

Just quickly checking if I require a letter from my employer confirming I was on agreed unpaid leave for certain duration?

Are unpaid leaves generally an issue? I have had 25days unpaid and 25days paid leave in a single trip. This is obviously within the 90days threshold but just wondering may be the unpaid stuff needs to be backed up with a letter?
any views guys?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:54 pm

I don’t think so there would be any issue with it.

Yameen
Newly Registered

Post by Yameen » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:27 pm

linkers wrote:I don’t think so there would be any issue with it.
Thanks linkers. I have asked my employer to back it up with a letter anyway. It may be worth carrying it with me to the interview in case.

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: Unpaid leave letter from Employer?

Post by fahadz1 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:46 pm

Yameen wrote:Hi guys,

doesn't make sense to me. Just explain that those unpaid leave was your personal holidays.