ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

>90 days absence from UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

happ_go_lucky

>90 days absence from UK

Post by happ_go_lucky » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:30 am

Hi,

I came to UK in Feb 2007 and my absence from UK in the last 5 years is about 160.

However, I have one long absebse in 2009 from 3rd May to 7th August 2009. I work in the UK for a company based in India and i needed to be in India for couple of months, my company wanted me to work from India and paid my salary in India. Total absebce from UK during this was >90 days out of which I have on paid holiday (paid in India) for 1 month and the rest of the time I was working from Indian office from India and was paid in India.

Do you think this will cause an issue? I meet all other criteria for ILR.
Last edited by happ_go_lucky on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:46 am

Im very worried because you were paid in India at the time :( It certainly will have been better if you hadn't, then you may have been able to as for discretion on compassionate grounds. Not sure what your chances are now.

happ_go_lucky

Post by happ_go_lucky » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:50 am

hsmpengineer wrote:Im very worried because you were paid in India at the time :( It certainly will have been better if you hadn't, then you may have been able to as for discretion on compassionate grounds. Not sure what your chances are now.
Thanks for your reply.. anything you can suggest as to how it can be handled?

cars2fly

similar boat

Post by cars2fly » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:12 am

Hi,
I am pretty much in similar boat, having 103 days unpaid absence in stretch. And relying clause on page 6 as per following document:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

If moderators can advise further then it would be much appreciated.

happ_go_lucky

Re: similar boat

Post by happ_go_lucky » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:52 pm

cars2fly wrote:Hi,
I am pretty much in similar boat, having 103 days unpaid absence in stretch. And relying clause on page 6 as per following document:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

If moderators can advise further then it would be much appreciated.
when are you planning to apply.

manasa
Newly Registered

Post by manasa » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:05 pm

Hello even i am on the same situation.

I cam to UK on WP in 2007, then i moved from WP to HSMP in 2008 and gone for the extension in 2009. so i am going to complete 5 yerars by May 2012. But i am away from UK for 3 months 9 days and my total stay away in 5 years is 195 days. I was there in india for my personal reasons so i can't show them the any compassionate reason. My tier1 general migrant is due in Feb 2013. so what do you suggest. do you want me to go for the Tier1 extension or do you want me to go for the ILR

chrams

Post by chrams » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Hello Manasa, Cars2fly & happy go lucky,
Don't worry, there are cases who got ILRs while they are in India and paid in India.
see below Thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sc&start=0

hope it will help you. Make sure you submit very detailed supporting letter from your employer.

read my postings, I just got relived from my waiting pain, ILR approved yesterday

All the best
--
Chrams

happ_go_lucky

Post by happ_go_lucky » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:48 pm

chrams wrote:Hello Manasa, Cars2fly & happy go lucky,
Don't worry, there are cases who got ILRs while they are in India and paid in India.
see below Thread:

hope it will help you. Make sure you submit very detailed supporting letter from your employer.

read my postings, I just got relived from my waiting pain, ILR approved yesterday

All the best
--
Chrams
Hi Chrams, Thanks for your response, that really showed me a ray of hope again :) I do not have solicitor and plan to do my application on my own. Do you have a format for the letter from employer that i need to present for the absence above 90 days?

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

happ_go_lucky wrote:
see below Thread:

All the best
--
Chrams
Hi Chrams, Thanks for your response, that really showed me a ray of hope again :) I do not have solicitor and plan to do my application on my own. Do you have a format for the letter from employer that i need to present for the absence above 90 days?
I also need format of the letter.. thxx

happ_go_lucky

Post by happ_go_lucky » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:58 am

fahadz1 wrote:
happ_go_lucky wrote:
see below Thread:

All the best
--
Chrams
I also need format of the letter.. thxx
letter format available at http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#582453

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:54 pm

manasa wrote:Hello even i am on the same situation.

I cam to UK on WP in 2007, then i moved from WP to HSMP in 2008 and gone for the extension in 2009. so i am going to complete 5 yerars by May 2012. But i am away from UK for 3 months 9 days and my total stay away in 5 years is 195 days. I was there in india for my personal reasons so i can't show them the any compassionate reason. My tier1 general migrant is due in Feb 2013. so what do you suggest. do you want me to go for the Tier1 extension or do you want me to go for the ILR
do any one have details of tier 1 second extension ?? how it works ? etc...
instead of taking risk we can extend our stay and after few months we can apply ILR again ??? what do you guys say ??

how long they extend for any idea ?

is there any one who HAD tier 1 second extension ??? i didnt see any one who had tier 1 2nd extension .... if yes please i want the information... thanks....