ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Past employer out of business / in administraion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

slugmeister
BANNED
Mood:
United Kingdom

Past employer out of business / in administraion

Post by slugmeister » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:53 pm

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum. I'm going to apply with the HSMP in a couple months. One big problem is that one of my past employers is in Administration / Chapter 11 / Out of Business.

That employer was the one who originally sponsored me for my work permit. Now that the company is out of business, how do I prove to the Home Office that I worked there. Obviously, I have all my old pay slips. I also ahve my old original work permit. It however is impossible to get a reference from this employer on company letterhead. There is no company letterhead anymore.

What should I do? Please advise?

Thanks,
Ana

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:20 am

I think the best way is to provide as much as evidence to support your application also mention the same in the Covering Letter that the company is closed now. That's the best suitable way.....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:13 pm

One of the members seem to have been a similar situation. Look here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=10528 to find he did.

regards