ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i apply for BC now?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tambibi
Newly Registered

can i apply for BC now?

Post by tambibi » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:41 pm

Hi,wish someone could help me out!
I got married to my british husband since19/6/2008 but just got ILR 7months and i havent been out of UK for more than 4weeks . before married,i was legally lived in the uk since 2/1/06 and was not out of the uk.
do u think i am eligible to apply for bc before my ilr reach 1year?
Thank u for considering my case.[/code][/quote]

osteophytes

Re: can i apply for BC now?

Post by osteophytes » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:52 pm

tambibi wrote:Hi,wish someone could help me out!
I got married to my british husband since19/6/2008 but just got ILR 7months and i havent been out of UK for more than 4weeks . before married,i was legally lived in the uk since 2/1/06 and was not out of the uk.
do u think i am eligible to apply for bc before my ilr reach 1year?
Thank u for considering my case.[/code]
As a spouse of British citizen, there is no need for you to have ILR for one year. So, you can apply now (as long as you meet other requirements)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ofcitizen/

tambibi
Newly Registered

what document i need to apply BC?

Post by tambibi » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:57 am

Would anyone let me know what document i need to provide in lrder to apply BC? Thank u so much for your helpful info.

osteophytes

Re: what document i need to apply BC?

Post by osteophytes » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:05 am

tambibi wrote:Would anyone let me know what document i need to provide in lrder to apply BC? Thank u so much for your helpful info.
For a spouse

1) Application form
2) Current and old passports (that have any UK immigration stamps)
3) Marriage certificate
4) Life in UK certificate (if you have passed this test for your ILR there is no need to show it but sometimes the people in NCS can still ask for it)
5)Photographs (preferably not more than 1 month old)
6)Your Spouse's British passport or Naturalisation certificate or Birth certificate

tambibi
Newly Registered

Post by tambibi » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:01 am

Dont i need to provide all the paper that under my name and my husband as well such as bank statement or other letter?

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:14 am

tambibi wrote:Dont i need to provide all the paper that under my name and my husband as well such as bank statement or other letter?
No. That is for ILR

tambibi
Newly Registered

Post by tambibi » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:08 am

Oh,is this just simple as that?please tell me the whole process of applying bc, very much appreciated.

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:36 am

tambibi wrote:Oh,is this just simple as that?please tell me the whole process of applying bc, very much appreciated.
Make sure you meet the requirements, collect the documents and apply. I would recommend NCS for application rather than postal. See the link that i mentioned in my first response.

tambibi
Newly Registered

Post by tambibi » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:47 pm

What if i lost my life in the uk certificate? i am so absenminded. is the literacy level 2 can help?