ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Full time contract

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adeel_x2004
Newly Registered

Full time contract

Post by adeel_x2004 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:02 pm

I worked for a company as a casual employee for 2 months but 2 weeks ago my HR decided to issue me with a full time 39 hrs contract ... I signed contract on 9 jan 2012 but since then it has been 2 weeks but i didn't get work .... I called my HR few times and he told me to wait for my rkster ..... I just want to know if i am eligible to get full time pay as i have no other way of earning .... I am based in Ireland -Dublin
Thanks

fatty patty

Re: Full time contract

Post by fatty patty » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:12 am

adeel_x2004 wrote:I worked for a company as a casual employee for 2 months but 2 weeks ago my HR decided to issue me with a full time 39 hrs contract ... I signed contract on 9 jan 2012 but since then it has been 2 weeks but i didn't get work .... I called my HR few times and he told me to wait for my rkster ..... I just want to know if i am eligible to get full time pay as i have no other way of earning .... I am based in Ireland -Dublin
Thanks
This particular question is not related to immigration matters which are discussed on the board, but anyway you are entitled to full time hours based on your contract. Bear in mind there does be some clauses in contracts which do say company reserves the right based on level of work on their books etc. etc. so check your contract in its entirety, also if in any doubt ring NERA (http://www.employmentrights.ie) they will give you better advise.

Muttsnuts

Post by Muttsnuts » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:35 am

adeel_x2004 wrote:I worked for a company as a casual employee for 2 months but 2 weeks ago my HR decided to issue me with a full time 39 hrs contract ... I signed contract on 9 jan 2012 but since then it has been 2 weeks but i didn't get work .... I called my HR few times and he told me to wait for my rkster ..... I just want to know if i am eligible to get full time pay as i have no other way of earning .... I am based in Ireland -Dublin
Thanks
In general, you are not eligible to be paid unless you have worked. Whether or not your new contract requires that you work the 39 hours each week depends on the content of the contract. I would put money on a clause in the contract permitting the employer to have you not come in on certain weeks dependent on how busy it is.

Anyway, the answer to your question is in the content of your contract, so as suggested already, NERA is probably your best bet for comprehensive advice.

On a side note, you should be able to claim SOcial Welfare for those weeks not worked (presuming you are eligible for Social Welfare under normal circumstances) and this is something that you should talk to your employer about.

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:33 pm

Thanks
Although, contract and employment matters are not the basis of this forum, I will suggest that your contract should state if you will be paid when you do not work your complete 39 hours! However, contract or no contract, I do not see why you cannot get a second job, that is maybe part time to earn some funds while you are not busy on this particular job.

Or better still ask you employer if you will be paid for not working :)

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:38 am

i think you should contact mandate or siptu trade union.they will give you the best advise.ww.mandate.ie www.siptu.ie