ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration guru needed for advice...please help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alyxzandra
Newly Registered

Immigration guru needed for advice...please help

Post by alyxzandra » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:51 am

I have ILR in the UK, but am in the process of getting Greek citizenship. In a year or two I want to bring my disabled mother and stepdad here. There are no other family members left. My stepdad has had a heart attack and two slipped discs and is unable to properly care for my mother or work. I am supporting them financially and will be co-signing a tenancy agreement for them in the U.S. Once I get my Greek passport I will be signing up for a residency card. I have been employed for 10 years here and own my home.

Can I apply for them to come here as an EEA citizen or will the Home Office prefer to use the ILR I already have that I obtained before my Greek citizenship?