ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visit Visa - Invitation letter confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpapp

Family Visit Visa - Invitation letter confusion

Post by hsmpapp » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:47 am

Hi,

I am on Tier1 (General) Visa that will expire in April, 2013. I want to invite my parents to UK for holiday and family visit for 5 months. They are planning to visit us in March.

Both my parents are working in govt jobs and have applied for no objection certificate and holiday leave approval for 5 months duration.

They will pay for their flight travel to UK and will stay with us in my rented accommodation (short term tenancy agreement).

My current tenancy agreement expires end of June. As a sponsor, i have to send invitation letter stating their details and duration of visit in UK.
Confusion is regarding time duration to be mentioned in invitation letter.

Should i write 5 months (March to July) as planned and mentioned in their no objection certificate or 4 months (March to June) considering my tenancy agreement finish date is in June?? I just fear that if i mention 5 months , visa officer may doubt about their stay after completion of my tenancy in June and may reject their application.

FYI: They visited UK 2 years back for 3 weeks on family visit visa.

Thanks & Regards,
HsmpApp

hina786
Newly Registered

Post by hina786 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi , i wouldnt tell them its for 5 months,just say 2 months or so. family visit visa is for 6 months so if they get it they can stay for 6 months max. in their objection letter if it says 4 months then that could mean upto 4 months off . remember you have to sponsor them so will have to provide bank statements to show the money to support them for food,sight seeing etc. if they paying travel ,whos paying rest? sponsoring someone for few months is easier rather than 5 months,less costs.it sounds better.

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: Family Visit Visa - Invitation letter confusion

Post by longshift » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:22 pm

hsmpapp wrote:Hi,

I am on Tier1 (General) Visa that will expire in April, 2013. I want to invite my parents to UK for holiday and family visit for 5 months. They are planning to visit us in March.

Both my parents are working in govt jobs and have applied for no objection certificate and holiday leave approval for 5 months duration.

They will pay for their flight travel to UK and will stay with us in my rented accommodation (short term tenancy agreement).

My current tenancy agreement expires end of June. As a sponsor, i have to send invitation letter stating their details and duration of visit in UK.
Confusion is regarding time duration to be mentioned in invitation letter.

Should i write 5 months (March to July) as planned and mentioned in their no objection certificate or 4 months (March to June) considering my tenancy agreement finish date is in June?? I just fear that if i mention 5 months , visa officer may doubt about their stay after completion of my tenancy in June and may reject their application.

FYI: They visited UK 2 years back for 3 weeks on family visit visa.

Thanks & Regards,
HsmpApp
I regularly invite my parents to visit me and my family here in UK. I also live in rented accomodation. My suggestion to you is, don't worry too much about how many months you are going to put on your letter as they will not object their visit. Especially when they have came earlier and have returned back in few weeks. So long you have enough cash to support them during their stay and they have enough money in their bank account to travel, they should be fine. I used to worry like you initially, but every time my parents got their visas without any problem. Good Luck.

hsmpapp

Post by hsmpapp » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:48 pm

Thanks all for replying..

I have mentioned 5 months in invite letter and sent bank account statement as evidence of sponsorhip..