ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dr_bhx
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Advice

Post by dr_bhx » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:05 pm

Dear Members,

I was married in Pak in 2008 and my wife came to UK as my dependent T1G.
We separated and I issued divorce notice to her in January 2011.
I did notify the Home office of PBS change in circumstances in May 2011(as My wife came to UK and stayed with her relatives while on my dependent visa)Her visa Expired in Aug 2011.
I now have ILR since July 2011.
I have married again in Pakistan Nov 2011 and want to sponsor my wife to UK.
I have 2 queries and appreciate advice .

* I do not have a divorce certificate as my ex in laws have manipulated with their local council and they have not issued any certificate yet. To get a divorce certificate I will have to start court proceedings in Pakistan which can be very lengthy sometime.
Religiously divorce has been given in Jan 2011. Is Divorce certificate a must for Spouse visa application or it is just optional?
(My new marriage certificate does mentioned my status as divorced, this is attested by Council and foreign affairs, can this be acceptable?)
If not do I have any other options?
* I live in a 3 bedroom house owned by my brother. I do contribute towards rent and council tax is in my name as well. Will submitting a council tax statement be sufficient or I will need to make a rental agreement/letter from Owner stating no problem in my wife joining me here will be better?

Many Thanks for your help.