ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discretionary leave complicated case

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gk2012
Newly Registered

Discretionary leave complicated case

Post by Gk2012 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Hello god people,im new on this site cause i'm on a verge of a mental breakdown.i came to uk back in 2001 when i was 24 with a 2yr WP which i wasn't able to renew as a result of loosing me PP in 2002.nway i have been living in limbo as an overstayer since then but i met my wife in 2003 but we married in 2008 and we have a son who's turning 8 years this may,i registered my son as a british citizen in 2010 cause him and the mother were granted ILR in 2008 on mothers long residency.now when i applied for ILR through the same solicitor my wife used in 2009,they refused mine and gave me 10 days to leave uk which my solicitor advise not to do coz of my son/family life,my solicitors did a representation back in 2011 but i have never had anything from them again,as i'm writing this my marrige is breaking down coz my wife want to divorce me.my question is,are my chances in uk over or can i still get a DL based on article 8 of human rights?i feel so low coz i don't have money or anybody to turn to.please advise me. [/b]:?

cobra

Post by cobra » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:41 pm

If you got divorce dont worry, your child is british, just make sure that you have access to your child. You still have a good chance of getting your DLR because of connection in UK

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:53 am

Sorry to hear about your situation.
I assume when they sent you this removal direction, it was not accompanied with a right of appeal, correct?

Are you in regular contact with your child and playing a role in his life?

You may be fine.

Try and chase up the status of that application and if necessary make further submission.

Get your MP to write to HO to check status of your case if you dont get any response within a reasonable time frame
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

lloyd
Newly Registered

Post by lloyd » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Obie wrote:Sorry to hear about your situation.
I assume when they sent you this removal direction, it was not accompanied with a right of appeal, correct?

Are you in regular contact with your child and playing a role in his life?

You may be fine.

Try and chase up the status of that application and if necessary make further submission.

Get your MP to write to HO to check status of your case if you dont get any response within a reasonable time frame

Hi Guys,

can i apply for extension of DLR (non asylum) at PEO. Since the form FLR (O) only says only 10 year rule cannot apply at PEO. It did not mention if DLR non asylum can use it. Does anyone have any idea or experience about this.