ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extn - Question on Banker's Draft

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gprao2010

Tier 1 Extn - Question on Banker's Draft

Post by gprao2010 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi,

I am applying for Tier 1 Extension and have taken Banker's Draft for the applicable fee. My question is on what we need to fill for questions A7 (Account Number) & A8 (Sort Code) in the application form. On the Banker's Draft, there is a Sort Code, an 8-digit number and the draft number. I would be filling the draft number for question A9 (Cheque number). For questions A7 & A8, Do we need to fill OUR Account No. & Sort Code or Do we need to fill the one mentioned in Banker's Draft? Anyone who have applied through Banker's Draft in the past, please reply.

Thanks,

MB243

Post by MB243 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:18 pm

It will be the banks sort code & account number.
Do not put your account number there, the money has already left your account is now with the bank

rajani1981

Re: Tier 1 Extn - Question on Banker's Draft

Post by rajani1981 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:49 pm

gprao2010 wrote:Hi,

I am applying for Tier 1 Extension and have taken Banker's Draft for the applicable fee. My question is on what we need to fill for questions A7 (Account Number) & A8 (Sort Code) in the application form. On the Banker's Draft, there is a Sort Code, an 8-digit number and the draft number. I would be filling the draft number for question A9 (Cheque number). For questions A7 & A8, Do we need to fill OUR Account No. & Sort Code or Do we need to fill the one mentioned in Banker's Draft? Anyone who have applied through Banker's Draft in the past, please reply.

Thanks,
Rao, you have to fill in Account Number and Sort Code of the Payer Bank which obviously is the bank/branch which has issued that DD. I have done the same. There is nothing to do with your bank account. You might have paid money for buying that DD from your account but that doesn't matter. Money is now with issuing bank and they will pay through this DD(also called as Banker's Draft or Banker's cheque)/

gprao2010

Hi

Post by gprao2010 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi MB243 and rajani... Thanks a lot for your timely response.