ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

South African under 18 study visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fledglingfreebird
Newly Registered

South African under 18 study visa

Post by fledglingfreebird » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi there,

Does anyone know the exact documents required for a South African 10 year old child to study for 3-6 months in Ireland unaccompanied by parents? I have asked the Department of Justice but they say it's just up to the immigration officer on the border. The child will stay with my family and I who will support him during his stay.

Thanks

wandererz

Post by wandererz » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Perhaps call up immigration at Dublin airport and see if they can help.

Can't find the telephone number - but it was posted on some thread or the other a while back.

Perhaps someone else can help with that number.

adlexy

Re: South African under 18 study visa

Post by adlexy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:43 pm

fledglingfreebird wrote:Hi there,

Does anyone know the exact documents required for a South African 10 year old child to study for 3-6 months in Ireland unaccompanied by parents? I have asked the Department of Justice but they say it's just up to the immigration officer on the border. The child will stay with my family and I who will support him during his stay.

Thanks
What is a 10year old going to be studying in Ireland for 3-6months? :)

I will suggest you call the Irish embassy in your country of residence (SA?) or if there is a specific program the young child is coming for, the organisers may have this all laid out and would have been mindful of the immigration concerns.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:35 am

i dont think south africain citizen need visa to ireland for 3 months.you should provise the accomdation for next 3-6 months .the school sponser letter,bank statement.who will look after the kid in ireland.who will be the legal guardain in ireland .