ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Computer related skills qualify?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

regatta
Newly Registered

What Computer related skills qualify?

Post by regatta » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:48 pm

I wish to get immigrated to the UK under HSMP. I am a regular user of PC and software therefore I would like to acquire the related skills to qualify for British immigration. Could someone guide me as to what computer related skills should I acquire in order to be eligible. Please answer me yourselves as many people just post links and I have been to a lot of links. Please consider me as your friend and give me your opinions. Thanks in advance. :)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:57 pm

Hi Regatta,

In today's world, there's hardly anyone who is not a regular user of PC and software, but that is just not enough for HSMP. Many of the applicants from IT background who apply are "experts" in computer related fields and not just "users". Anyways, in HSMP you need to score in many areas other than just your work experience or skills (it's just 1 of the 6 scoring criteria).

If you need more info. on HSMP and how you fare in the scoring criteria, please go through the guidance notes. Both the form and guidance notes are available here http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... forms.html

This is not a forum of legal experts who can advise you on your immigration options. Go through the guidance notes to know more about whether you qualify for HSMP or not.

regards