ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Dependent Visa Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pramo
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Dependent Visa Query

Post by pramo » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:00 am

Hi,

My wife would be applying for Tier 1 Dependent Visa from India.

Need some clarification regarding the online application questions:-

1) Address - Currently she is at my parents home which is different from the address specified in the passport and she has been at my parents address for less than a month, so should I specify her old address in the passport?

2) What job or employment is the main applicant doing in the UK or going to do in the UK? - I am contracting through mu limited company, so should I specify "Consultant" here ?

3) Name of company where the main applicant is working/will work :- My limited company name?

4) When did/will the main applicant begin their job? - Date on which I started the limited company?

5) When is the job expected to finish? - I cannot leave this blank as the online application doesn't allow me, so should I specify my visa expiry date?

6) Please provide the main applicant's work address details? - Does this have my limited company address details along with my accountant address details?

7) Telephone number of the company including area code? - Should this be my accountant contact number?

8) Do you receive income from any other sources‚ including friends or family? - She is not receiving any income as she is unemployed, but I'll be sponsoring her to UK, so should I specify "yes" here?

9) Please state the amount of money available and total number of dependants? - Should the number of dependents be 1(only my wife)?

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier 1 General Dependent Visa Query

Post by Tier1G09 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:54 am

1) Address - Currently she is at my parents home which is different from the address specified in the passport and she has been at my parents address for less than a month, so should I specify her old address in the passport?

I believe you should write the new address, as in the application form they ask for present address and in the cover letter she can explain her situation that she is living with her in-laws and for any address specification the home office can refer to her old address which she can write in the cover letter.

2) What job or employment is the main applicant doing in the UK or going to do in the UK? - I am contracting through mu limited company, so should I specify "Consultant" here ?

I believe yes.

3) Name of company where the main applicant is working/will work :- My limited company name?

Yes

4) When did/will the main applicant begin their job? - Date on which I started the limited company?

Yes

5) When is the job expected to finish? - I cannot leave this blank as the online application doesn't allow me, so should I specify my visa expiry date?

I am also writing my visa expiry date.

6) Please provide the main applicant's work address details? - Does this have my limited company address details along with my accountant address details?

Your company address.

7) Telephone number of the company including area code? - Should this be my accountant contact number?

You can give your or your accountant details

8) Do you receive income from any other sources‚ including friends or family? - She is not receiving any income as she is unemployed, but I'll be sponsoring her to UK, so should I specify "yes" here?

If she is unemployed, then there is non source of income. She can write yes only if you are sending her any money.

"Do you receive income from any other sources, including
friends or family?
Answer Yes/No. Please give details of all money you receive from
any/all source(s) including amounts and frequency. Please state
which currency e.g. US Dollars or UK Pounds Sterling."

9) Please state the amount of money available and total number of dependants? - Should the number of dependents be 1(only my wife)?

She can write as she is the only applicant so there is no dependant on her.

I will appreciate if some senior member or the person who already got dependant visa can guide us.[/b]

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier 1 General Dependent Visa Query

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:38 am

Can anyone please conform the answer of the following question:

pramo
Newly Registered

Post by pramo » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:53 pm

Can anyone help on the above questions please?