ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Residence Permit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drzeevoh73

Biometric Residence Permit

Post by drzeevoh73 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi,
I am planning to apply for ILR in end of March this year. I am hoping to hire a Solicitor for sameday service but just found out about Biometric Residence Permits being issued from 29/Feb/12. Was wondering how will that work if Solicitor will be presenting my case in home office. Do i have to take an seperate appointment for biometric to be done and the solicitor will then take a seperate appointment . Anybody who have a biometric visa with the help of solicitor ???
By the way i am on HSMP/Tier1 Visa, completing my 5 years in March this year.

London_London
BANNED

Re: Biometric Residence Permit

Post by London_London » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi

You may hire solicitor. Your solicitor may get bar-coded letter from UKBA requesting you to give your biometric details or you may get in post. Once you get letter, you can go to one of the PEO to give biometric details with appointment or simply go to selected post-office and get it done by paying £16.20.

See below links

http://www.uk-wp.com/2011/12/06/ukba-an ... arch-2012/

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/counter-ser ... s#65300295

drzeevoh73

Post by drzeevoh73 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:43 pm

Thanks for quick reply.
So you mean to say that once my application will be approved at PEO they will give a bar coded letter to the solicitor or will post me and than i have to go to post office or PEO for biometric to be done??