ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP+Tier1 Now ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naCC
BANNED

HSMP+Tier1 Now ILR

Post by naCC » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:49 pm

Hi All

I was on HSMP than Got extension back in 2009 under Tier 1 and Now I am Due for ILR I got few questions I will really appriciate if you could answer them.

1) My Visa is going to Expire on 23rd March 2012, So whats the earliest date on which I could aaply for ILR.

2) I am planning to apply by-hand at Croydon PEO so where do I have to go for Biomateric ???

Regards

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:07 pm

When did you get your entry clearance and what date you first entered into UK ?

macgyver

Re: HSMP+Tier1 Now ILR

Post by macgyver » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:50 pm

naCC wrote:Hi All

I was on HSMP than Got extension back in 2009 under Tier 1 and Now I am Due for ILR I got few questions I will really appriciate if you could answer them.

1) My Visa is going to Expire on 23rd March 2012, So whats the earliest date on which I could aaply for ILR.

2) I am planning to apply by-hand at Croydon PEO so where do I have to go for Biomateric ???

Regards
1 28 days before you complete 5 years on HSMP/Tier 1 at the earliest.
2 Biometrics will be done at the PEO on the day of your appointment

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:38 pm

linkers wrote:When did you get your entry clearance and what date you first entered into UK ?
Hi

I got my HSMP on 23rd March 2007, I was in UK at that time.

regards

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:38 pm

But it really depends when you entered UK and when is your visa expiring. That’s why I asked you to provide the dates so we can exactly work out when you are eligible to apply for ILR.
Generally you are required to apply 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your first entry to UK, but if your visa is expiring before completing 5 years then the case worker can consider 5 years from the date of your entry clearance (as long as there is a gap of less than 90 days between your entry clearance and arrival to the UK date).

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:11 pm

linkers wrote:But it really depends when you entered UK and when is your visa expiring. That’s why I asked you to provide the dates so we can exactly work out when you are eligible to apply for ILR.
Generally you are required to apply 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your first entry to UK, but if your visa is expiring before completing 5 years then the case worker can consider 5 years from the date of your entry clearance (as long as there is a gap of less than 90 days between your entry clearance and arrival to the UK date).
Thanks for your reply, actually It was issued from the UK on 23rd March 2007 and I was already in the UK on a Student visa so I switched it to HSMP from my Student Visa .

regards