ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cheap home survey/inspection?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jimmurray
BANNED

cheap home survey/inspection?

Post by jimmurray » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:19 pm

the prices I'm seeing are £300...can't afford it, already paid the lawyer 1000 and need 850 for spouse visa application...is there a cheap alternative to getting the house inspected?

maybe the local council can do it?

or maybe I can phone up the landlord and ask for a copy? as he must have had it done?

what exactly is the policy with this house survey stuff?

I live in the Luton area

nadiii

Post by nadiii » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:43 pm

Yes Local council do it for around £80-100 it is the cheapest way. Find the number to call online from your local council website.

Estate agent or housing property rental firm will charge about £150.

Some councils dont offer the service like Brent. In these areas the rate will be higher.

Note: use one thread to ask all your questions, no need to use multiple threads. (im sure a mod is stepping in any second to tell you this)
Thank you immigrationboards.com

jimmurray
BANNED

Post by jimmurray » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:25 pm

nadiii wrote:
Note: use one thread to ask all your questions, no need to use multiple threads. (im sure a mod is stepping in any second to tell you this)
Thanks for the info. I find it more logical to separate topics into separate threads, or it gets too messy

jimmurray
BANNED

Post by jimmurray » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:59 pm

nadiii wrote:Yes Local council do it for around £80-100 it is the cheapest way. Find the number to call online from your local council website.

Estate agent or housing property rental firm will charge about £150.

Some councils dont offer the service like Brent. In these areas the rate will be higher.

well my local Luton council say they have never heard of this? any idea why these morons are saying this?

flyguy

Post by flyguy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:18 pm

Not all councils offer this service, but expect to pay approx £150 for a report if cannot get the council/or they do not offer that service.