ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice re details for my wifes passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kph100
Newly Registered

Advice re details for my wifes passport application

Post by kph100 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi

My wife attended her citizenship ceremony last week and received her certificate of naturalisation.

Now filing in the passport application. She is also american citizen but originally born in the phillipines, having moved with famliy to usa in her teens.

Question 1 - She has a new usa passport, which obviously needs including with the application, am i correct in saying she needs to also include her cancelled usa passport as thgis is the one she entered the country with and has her Indefibate leave stamps etc.

Question 2 - Part 4 of the passport form says if both parents were born abroad she has to give full name, town, counrty, dob, marriage date of both GRANDPARENTS ! (or details of parents claim to british nationality)
Well clearly there is no claim as she has just been naturalised as proved by the home office certificate. Does she really need to give the details about grandparents ????

Seems over the top more than the citizenship application requested.

Advice please.

x-ray

Post by x-ray » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:32 pm

You need to send both passports and do not worry about the grandparents details.

Goodluck

kph100
Newly Registered

Post by kph100 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:40 am

DO I NEED TO PUT BOTH PASSPORT NUMBERS ON THE FORM OR JUST THE CURRENT ONE

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:15 am

kph100 wrote:DO I NEED TO PUT BOTH PASSPORT NUMBERS ON THE FORM OR JUST THE CURRENT ONE
Both