ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayed once in the past, but unnoticed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

All2much
Newly Registered

Overstayed once in the past, but unnoticed

Post by All2much » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:35 pm

Hi,

I got married with my beautiful partner recently and now applying for partner visa outside UK.

I overstayed once in the past, problem is, I overstayed and then met my partner which led to me overstaying a bit longer than I wanted to. That was a few years ago, after that I never did such a thing.
My overstaying has not been noted anywhere, no stamps or notes or anyone knowing about it really.
In the visa application they ask when did I meet my partner and dates of my trips to UK.
As I'm not including my old passport (it expired and has been left with officials) I was wondering whether it's best to avoid telling them I overstayed or to include a letter saying I overstayed and I'm really sorry?

Kind regards

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: Overstayed once in the past, but unnoticed

Post by mochyn » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:09 am

All2much wrote:Hi,

I got married with my beautiful partner recently and now applying for partner visa outside UK.

I overstayed once in the past, problem is, I overstayed and then met my partner which led to me overstaying a bit longer than I wanted to. That was a few years ago, after that I never did such a thing.
My overstaying has not been noted anywhere, no stamps or notes or anyone knowing about it really.
In the visa application they ask when did I meet my partner and dates of my trips to UK.
As I'm not including my old passport (it expired and has been left with officials) I was wondering whether it's best to avoid telling them I overstayed or to include a letter saying I overstayed and I'm really sorry?

Kind regards
It is always better to tell the truth but overstaying is NOT a reason for refusing a spousal visa, so tell them you overstayed and then there is no chance they will deny you for trying to cheat the system

All2much
Newly Registered

Post by All2much » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:16 pm

I was going to write a letter saying I'm very sorry etc, especially because I did everything by the book afterwards, but just wanted to get a quick advice.
Thanks for your help :)

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi All2much

If you mention your overstay in the application at least you have a chance to reason with the UKBA and give reasons for the overstay. If you do not put that in and the UKBA founds out, they will definitely be more suspicious and it will not look good on your application. It will basically mean that you tried to hide crucial information.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

All2much
Newly Registered

Post by All2much » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:52 am

Hi,

one more thing.

I'm currently in UK with my partner (as we obviously want to spend time together), but I am using an on-line application as outside of UK (where I will be in a few days time, but I want to book an appointment before going there).
Now, they ask for the address where one lives and then separately from that address for contact.
As I've been living in the UK for quite a few years, do I put my UK address in the first one and then my country details in the second one? I was advised to put my country details for both (place where I stay when I'm there aka my cousin's house), but it asks how long have I lived there, and I haven't.

Thanks