ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Style of covering letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

busa

Style of covering letter

Post by busa » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:43 pm

Hi,

This is my first post to this forum. I have gained a lot by reading the posting from this forum. I got some tips about contents of the covering letter but I am still not sure of the language and style of the covering letter.
My confusion is, should the style be like SOP which includes some personal philisophies. Or the style should be very straight forward mentionoing in brief about my experience.
More tips on covering letter are most welcome.

Thanks

LA_Mike

Post by LA_Mike » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:55 pm

I'd say as straightforward as possible, referencing the sections for which each document is relevant (also order the documents in this order). You can see my covering letter (which was part of a successful application) at http://home.earthlink.net/~another_michael/hsmp.doc

Best of luck.

Sten

Post by Sten » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:31 pm

Just small comment regarding the sample above - it would be better to keep Covering Letter on one page .. imho.

May I raise another related question here ?

What is the format and content of covering letter asking to consider attached Job Offer (fax) ?
Good luck !

busa

Thanks for the information

Post by busa » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:54 pm

Hi LA_Mike,

Thanks for the sample letter. What more could I ask for ?

Sten,
I agree that normally the covering letter should be in single page but in this case there are so many points to cover that it will run into 2 pages

Regards,
Bhavesh

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:18 pm

Busa,
it makes sense to not put too much info for the case worker but I think proper explanation is also important. So you need to balance somehow.
I have 2 pages in CL and one additional for payslips.
Cheers
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:41 am

Busa,
In case you have too many points for different sections then you can add a covering letter to the sections with relevant points mentioned there. This can be attached on top of documents for each section instead of piling them all together in one covering page.

Keep the covering letter with few main points (mainly as mentioned in Vayu's format). The point is that the covering letter is an opening document and if you combine all points there then the case worker will need to pick up your supporting docs and then remember to refer back to your covering letter for points mentioned therein. Too much effort for him/her i think. :roll:
Mini