ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

References for application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ashyboo
Newly Registered

References for application

Post by Ashyboo » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi there

I was wondering if anyone could answer a question I`ve posted to the border agency but haven`t received a response to date, with regards to references for an application.

It states under the various professions they supply us with on the website, that can act as a reference, one of which is a Director of a VAT registered company. But nowhere does it state this person still needs to be in employment. Reason I`m asking is because someone whom I would like to act as my reference recently retired as the IT/Properties Director of a company i use to work for. We`re still in contact and I was wondering I was allowed to use him as a reference even though he is retired. It doesn`t stipulate this anywhere on the guidance notes.

A response would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Astrid

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:49 pm

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:02 pm

Technically the guidance notes use the present tense where as a retired person talking about their former career would be using the past tense.

If they recently retired are they possibly still a member of a professional body such as the British Computer Society which I seem to remember was one of the bodies on the list that is accepted.

Ashyboo
Newly Registered

Post by Ashyboo » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:26 pm

friendinneed wrote:Technically the guidance notes use the present tense where as a retired person talking about their former career would be using the past tense.

If they recently retired are they possibly still a member of a professional body such as the British Computer Society which I seem to remember was one of the bodies on the list that is accepted.
I see, but I can use someone from another nationality, say for instance South Africa, where I`m from who is no longer a part of my immediate relations but am still in contact with who falls under one of these professions? Or someone who lives in the EU. Also, will the HO accept a scanned copy of this person`s signature and reference as getting an original would take ages due to the postal systems and I would really like to submit my application as soon as possible.

Thanks