ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expediting ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smz
Newly Registered

Expediting ILR

Post by smz » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:11 pm

Dear All,
I came about this forum in desperation troughing through the internet as the not so helpful people at UKBA have refused to give me any hope pertaining to my application SET M and expediting fax as my son is ill and requires an operation. My timeline so far:
Application sent 23/11/11
Money Out 24/11/11
Acknowledgement letter received 25/11/11 from Croydon
Expedite fax to 0208 196 3248 17/1/2012
Emailed UKBA 20/1/12
Called MP (in frustration) Still awaiting response
I am almost in tears :cry: waiting and angry :x that my life has been put on hold for so long and most importantly, my son needs me. I am really at my wits end. Does anyone have the phone or fax number or email address for the Liverpool office I can contact to see if they are handling my case? I will really appreciate it. And thanks to everyone member for the support and thoughtfulness they have been showing :) .

Re: Expediting ILR

Post by 2012 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:46 pm

smz wrote:Dear All,
I came about this forum in desperation troughing through the internet as the not so helpful people at UKBA have refused to give me any hope pertaining to my application SET M and expediting fax as my son is ill and requires an operation. My timeline so far:
Application sent 23/11/11
Money Out 24/11/11
Acknowledgement letter received 25/11/11 from Croydon
Expedite fax to 0208 196 3248 17/1/2012
Emailed UKBA 20/1/12
Called MP (in frustration) Still awaiting response
I am almost in tears :cry: waiting and angry :x that my life has been put on hold for so long and most importantly, my son needs me. I am really at my wits end. Does anyone have the phone or fax number or email address for the Liverpool office I can contact to see if they are handling my case? I will really appreciate it. And thanks to everyone member for the support and thoughtfulness they have been showing :) .
1. SET (M) guidance notes shud have the details on how to contact the HO after the application.

smz
Newly Registered

Expediting ILR

Post by smz » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:05 pm

It only has the postal address and not fax or phone or email numbers/adresses which is what I wanted. Will you be able to help me with those?
Thank you

doubletrouble

Post by doubletrouble » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:51 pm

HI SMZ

Welcome on board to trapped boat.

I am not sure if you have been through the waiting list at the top of this forum. As you can see there are people still on queue from August for Set M. So there is a long way to go, unless you can prove why you need your documents back urgently.

doubletrouble

Post by doubletrouble » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Sorry I missed the son bit.

In this case you can send relevant medical documents and a letter from his doctor to explain why you need to travel. Also might be worth booking a ticket (though risky) which may add weight to your request.

Good luck.

smz
Newly Registered

Expediting ILR

Post by smz » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi doubletrouble,
You see, I did fax my son's medical notes from his consultant along with a covering letter as I was instructed to do and still nothing. This was last week.
I then followed up on friday with an email to UKBA. No reply as yet. I am waiting till tomorrow and if still nothing, I'll contact my MP. This is so frustrating.
I'm cautious about buying a ticket for obvious reasons (what if the documents don't arrive on time) etc.
Sorry I am moaning but really, I'm at the end of my tether.
Oh the misery :(

doubletrouble

Post by doubletrouble » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:24 pm

I don't know what else to suggest other than waiting patiently. good luck
smz wrote:Hi doubletrouble,
You see, I did fax my son's medical notes from his consultant along with a covering letter as I was instructed to do and still nothing. This was last week.
I then followed up on friday with an email to UKBA. No reply as yet. I am waiting till tomorrow and if still nothing, I'll contact my MP. This is so frustrating.
I'm cautious about buying a ticket for obvious reasons (what if the documents don't arrive on time) etc.

Post by 2012 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:26 pm

smz wrote:Hi doubletrouble,
1. Contact the MP and he/she can take it further on u behalf with all the medical evidence.

smz
Newly Registered

Expediting ILR

Post by smz » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:47 pm

thanks my lovelies. will update you with progress.
it is terribly unfair however.

smz
Newly Registered

Expediting ILR

Post by smz » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:02 pm

Just a quick update. I contacted my MP last week and told them of my family struggles and the need to expedite my application. They then said they will chase it up for me.

I called UKBA yesterday and after much haggling, they told me nothing is on their system and no record about anything being in the post.
I then called the MPs office again, they also said they haven't heard anything back from the Home Office but the person I spoke to this time asked me to email my evidence so sent the medical notes, covering letter and maternity records etc. So still waiting.

This is the most unfair system I think I ever had to go through. If it can be done in one day be premium service, why can't the same be done in extenuating circumstances?

BTW congratulations double trouble. Now no trouble at all, lol.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:12 pm

what sort illness / operation is involved here? Is it something life threatening condition or non-emergency? Medical conditions/operations do not necessarily guarantee priority in processing - depends on the case and circumstances. The same way NHS offers appointment for operations etc.
Also when was the need for operation first identified? prior to the submission of your application or after?

smz
Newly Registered

Expediting ILR

Post by smz » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:23 pm

He has a renal cyst that was drained previously but it'a accumulating again except this time, conservative management isn't working hence the operation. So he's had it for a while but now getting worse hence the need to operate. And we only found out about this 8 weeks after we applied.

Sorry it all sounds so technical. Not being there myself makes it difficult to question the medical team more thoroughly about things as different countries deal with their patients slightly differently. I hope I'm making sense.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:00 pm

include the following in your cover letter

1. the medical condition and reason an operation is needed immediately (i.e. impact of operation at a later date)
2. reason your presence required now/ during operation?
3. reason your son is in a different country and why can't he travel to the uk for the operation (assuming he is your dependent).

also attach a doctors letter (preferably your GP) confirming the medical points as included in your cover letter.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:16 pm

I am sorry to hear your state... It would have been wise to go to PEO and get it done on the same day ... I wonder if there is an option to do that now as all your documents are with UKBA ... check if you can cancel your postal application as its taking time and take it in person at PEO ?

smz
Newly Registered

Expediting ILR

Post by smz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:26 pm

Thank you for the suggestion ban s. Thats extremely kind of you.

I have included all of the above in the cover letter I sent to them and my MP. The only thing I did not include was a letter from the GP so I will contact them and hopefully get the letter and send it to them.

This is so terribly upsetting and frustrating. The lack of response to my request is making the whole thing even worse because I still don't know whether they've received my documents, if someone is even looking at it or has acknowledged it.

Believe me if I knew this was going to happen, I would have gone down the PEO route and saved myself a lot of anguish. Alas, it's late now. Withdrawing and replying isn't an option due to financial situation.

Sorry I'm having a bit of a moan. I guess I just have to sit tight. I'm in week 10 now so hopefully soon.

smz
Newly Registered

Expediting ILR

Post by smz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:30 pm

Thank you Sunil for the suggestion.
I know exactly what you mean but I think I answered about the withdrawal and re-application in my previous post.

Will wait for a week or so and see what happens :(

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:54 pm

Letter from a GP or medical doctor reconfirming the situation and urgency is critical in this context - an applicant's cover letter won't suffice.
Good luck and hope your son will get well soon.

smz
Newly Registered

Expediting ILR

Post by smz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:46 pm

I see what you mean. I still have a copy of my son's medical record and letter from his consultant so I will take it with me to the GP ASAP.

I never thought of that. Thanks for the advice. Will sort that out and keep you posted about progress.

Thank you ban.s

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:57 pm

Sorry to hear about your case.

I have a friend who applied on Set M in last week of october (26th I think), and he received his ILR on Jan 24, 2012. He is in India now.

So, hopefully in the next couple of weeks, you should be able to get yours. It may not work like that for everyone but just a hope.

I know waiting for the visa is most painful stage my friend but be patient and hopefully everything comes out well.

All the best.

Regards...
Santosh

smz
Newly Registered

Expediting ILR

Post by smz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Thank you so much santoshganpath.

Your post gave me hope. I'm going to keep praying and hopefully everything will turn out ok. Please keep us in your prayers too.

I'll update soon with any progress.

Have a good day.

SHAZINA
Newly Registered

Post by SHAZINA » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:31 pm

SMZ-im in a very similiar situation to yours in trying to expedite my husbands application. As his mother is seriously ill, we got a letter from the doctor and sent this to the MP to forward to UKBA on our behalf and make a plea.

this was on the 30th Jan, now waiting not heard anything back.

in your timeline you havent mentioned about giving your biometrics, have you been to postoffice to enrol your biometrics?

Please post an update if you have one, will give me some hope if this could work fo us.