ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for spouse visa, its complicated?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sunny05
Newly Registered

Applying for spouse visa, its complicated?

Post by Sunny05 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:31 pm

I want to apply for settlement visa for UK from Dubai as I am living and working here under residence permit/ work permit. I need assistance and help to file this application.

In October 2010 I was advised by one of the Expert Barrister from reputable law firm that I can apply for student visa at that time so I prepared documents and applied in University where I was accepted on the course when I was managed to arranged and prepared everything to get the place, Barrister than reviewed my application and told me that my application is bound to be failed and they don't recommend this anymore after wasting my precious time and money in preparation. He apologized and wrote me a letter on my request to explain it to the Home Office for the future reference that what went wrong that I spent some extra time on their instructions. I have all related emails and posts used for each and every correspondence with everyone including with the Courts.
Last edited by Sunny05 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sunny05
Newly Registered

Help!!!!!!!!

Post by Sunny05 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:35 pm

Please anyone out there Help me to file my application.

nadiii

Post by nadiii » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Is your wife a British national? You are a Dubai national?

You will have to put on the VAF4A that you where refused a visa. But it should not lessen your chances of getting a spose visa.

Spose visa has different criteria to meet like accomodation and finances of your British spouse. If you can meet them you will obtain a spose visa.
Thank you immigrationboards.com

Sunny05
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny05 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:50 pm

nadiii wrote:Is your wife a British national? You are a Dubai national?

You will have to put on the VAF4A that you where refused a visa. But it should not lessen your chances of getting a spose visa.

Spose visa has different criteria to meet like accomodation and finances of your British spouse. If you can meet them you will obtain a spose visa.
Dear nadiii,

Thanks for your reply.

My wife is a pakistani national and settled there, she has got ILR. my wife is working as a full time in UK and living in a rented studio flat without claiming any benefits and relying on public funds.

I am pakistani national too and settled in dubai. But not six month complete yet. I am not sure whether its a good time before six month to file application. Because I dont have 6 months bank statement s readyand payslips to prove. still one month to go to complete paper work.

I also want to ask:

I have passed IELTS (Academic) with score 7.0 in October 2010 which is valid for two years.

There are two forms of this test: 1) Academic & 2) General.

Is the Academic category valid for spouse visa?

I rang to the British Council, Dubai who are the test provider and emailed regarding this, they have also advised me to contact British Embassy in local territory as they have not got any information related with this specific query and could not gave me the satisfactory answer.
And British embassy referring me to check their website UKBA which does not answer my question.

The latest reply from british council regarding IELTS is:

''Thank you for your enquiry.
The British Council, Cambridge and IDP Australia administer the IELTS exam. We do not decide whether or not you have to take the IELTS test, which test (academic or general) you should take or what score you should get. The institution to which you are applying (the UKBA) are the only people who can completely confirm this for you.

In our experience it should be OK Academic, but you cannot take our word for this as we are not a visa advice agency. You need to contact the UKBA to confirm, or the British Embassy in your country.

The telephone number of the UKBA is +44 870 606 7766 and you can find contact details of all the embassies around the world at: http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-liv ... n-embassy/ ''

I wait respectfully for you answer.

Regards.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:51 am

Hi Sunny05

In terms of getting proof for 6 months:

Although it is ideal to provide 6 months worth of docs, the minimum stated on the UKBA is 3 months. So if you are all ready and set for the application but just waiting for the payslip/bank statements for one extra month then you can apply. However If you can wait, that should be good.

English test:

Yes both academic and General are accepted by the UKBA as a proof as long as you have scored minimum of 4.0 in all the 4 exams. This is also noted in the UKBA approved English tests list:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Sunny05
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny05 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Hi Harv,

Thanks for your reply and providing me helpful information.

Other than this issue what do you think...

How the deception charges and overstay will affect my application? Though I have all the related documents and emails from solicitors and High court.

I also need a template for covering letter when I will be applying. Is that possible to have one? Solicitors are too expensive to lodge the application.

When I will be applying, Should I show to them that,

I have UK driving license with 3 points? Is it criminal conviction and shall I disclose this?

I have National Insurance number?

I shall be very thankful to you.